Intelligence Editor II
Are you an experienced editor who enjoys being a part of a global team that produces well-written analytical reporting?
Flashpoint is the leader in threat data and intelligence. We empower commercial enterprises and government agencies to decisively confront complex security challenges, reduce risk, and improve operational resilience amid fast-evolving threats. Through the Flashpoint Ignite platform, we deliver unparalleled depth, breadth and speed of data from highly relevant sources, enriched by human insights. Our solutions span cyber threat intelligence, vulnerability intelligence, geopolitical risk, physical security, fraud and brand protection. The result: our customers safeguard critical assets, avoid financial loss, and protect lives. Discover more at flashpoint.io
We have a role for you if:
- You’re a passionate editor with a love of clear writing
- You have experience editing analytical documents on a short turnaround
- You have an exhaustive knowledge of grammar and experience working with style guides, particularly Chicago or AP
- You enjoy teaching and talking about grammar and style
- You have a basic understanding of cybersecurity and an interest in learning more
- You have foreign language skills (especially in Arabic, Chinese, or Russian) or have an interest in geopolitics or domestic US security issues
- You have an interest in the evolving editing landscape and conscious language
- You have experience working with a range of writing styles and the ability to turn them into clear and understandable content
What you will get to do on our team
- Independently review a high volume of Flashpoint intelligence products with fast turnarounds to ensure accuracy, consistency, and quality
- Conduct exclusive daily reviews of the morning cybersecurity roundup, tailored client deliverables, and recurring scheduled reports (about two per day)
- Work with analysts to uphold writing standards and provide feedback and training
- Work closely with the senior editor to conduct in-depth edits of ad hoc reports and longer-form reporting
- Contribute to production and editorial processes and house style guide
- Cover for senior editor as needed, taking full ownership of daily editorial production
What you will achieve:
- Within 30 days, you will have:
- Fully onboarded, learned Flashpoint’s house style, and learned internal software systems (Jira, Slack, Salesforce, Google scripts)
- Met and started relationship building with the teams and analysts you’ll be working most closely with
- Become familiar with Flashpoint’s platform
- Taken online cybersecurity training courses, if needed
- Begun to independently review and send tailored client deliverables
- Begun to review and publish recurring reports with minimal input from the senior editor
- Within 60 days, you will be:
- Reviewing and sending tailored client deliverables
- Reviewing and publishing recurring reports
- Using Flashpoint’s platform fluently to find information and fact-check reports
- Thinking through style guide and internal processes and beginning to make suggestions for additions and improvements
- By 90 days, you will be:
- Managing and running the daily cybersecurity or physical security roundup
- Reviewing and publishing “flash” and short-turn ad hoc reports
- Reviewing and publishing longer-form reporting with some input from the senior editor
- Working with the senior editor on miscellaneous editing and production projects, such as readership analytics and providing input on future CMS changes
- Working with analysts to improve specific writing and editing gaps
- Conducting editorial training of new analysts and existing teams
- Coming up with independent projects to improve editing and production processes
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Experience translating high-level jargon into stories that appeal to a less specialized audience
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail, without losing the bigger picture
Base Pay Range: Salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by state, work location, and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, specialized skills or certifications, and relevant education or training. This position is eligible for incentive bonus compensation, and medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401K. Your recruiter can share more about the specific details of the compensation and benefits package during the interview process.
Why Flashpoint is a great place to work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity culture. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and products and services that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded virtual events: book clubs, happy hours, committees, DIBE discussion group, Donut mixers, local team member meetups and much more.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. We also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements, expensed lunches, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
Are you unsure if this role suits you or not? Unsure about the timing? Interested in future opportunities? Stay connected by joining our Talent Network. By doing so, you'll stay updated with Flashpoint news and upcoming career opportunities. Even if you're not ready to apply now, being part of our Talent Network ensures you won't miss out on exciting opportunities in the future.