Site Reliability Engineer II
Our best employees are collaborative and selfless. They enjoy working on infrastructure and reliability related projects but they prioritize supporting others. They are involved in improving processes and services that are core part of our mission: understanding the problem, investigating the potential solutions, introducing changes and monitoring the outcomes. They are fully engaged in the problem domain.
We see it as a prerequisite that candidates possess and demonstrate a desire to lead from the front in improving a supportive, empathetic team; we expect candidates to be trusted and beloved by their teammates such that they become technical and emotional anchors for the rest of the team and department.
Trusted by governments, commercial enterprises, and educational institutions worldwide, Flashpoint helps organizations protect their most critical assets, infrastructure, and stakeholders from security risks such as cyber threats, ransomware, vulnerabilities, fraud, and physical threats. Leading security practitioners on physical and corporate security, cyber threat intelligence (CTI), vulnerability management, and vendor risk management teams rely on Flashpoint to proactively identify and mitigate risk and stay ahead of the evolving threat landscape. Learn more at www.flashpoint.io.
We have a role for you if
- You enjoy helping architect, develop, and maintain infrastructure.
- You have ensured systems are secure, available, scalable, and monitored.
- You have created observability tooling to help other teams debug, understand, and tune their applications and services.
- You have evangelized best practices in system and operations management.
- You have written tools to automate processes and deployments.
- You write empathetic documentation and runbooks to enable your team to be force multipliers for each other.
- You have helped bring in new technologies and develop innovative approaches to the reliability and performance challenges we face.
- You apply your honesty, strong sense of morals and ethics, and sense of responsibility towards making Flashpoint and those around you smarter, stronger, and kinder.
- You have a history of identifying opportunities for automation and drive process improvements.
What you will achieve
Within 30 days
- Learn about service and process that our team support through onboarding sessions
- Review documentation and familiarize yourself with the process and service our team supports.
Within 60 days
- Identify the service/process that you have the most interest in and requires support from the SRE team - this is something that is likely you are going to work on.
- Support engineering department by working on projects
- Work with team members to identify areas for improvement and discuss potential changes in processes or implementation of technical solutions
- Expand knowledge in areas that will help the engineering department to achieve our goals
Within 90 days
- Take ownership of previously identified and agreed on process/service and become subject matter expert for it
- Continue to support development teams and improve internal processes/services
- Start on-call shift (we are doing weekly shifts once in every 6-7 weeks)
To be successful in this role you will need
- Expertise with Docker, Linux and Kubernetes.
- Proficient with a programming language. We predominantly use Python.
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and leverage new technologies.
- Good understanding of privacy and security.
- A humble attitude and persistence to learn and to Get Stuff Done Right.
- Experience with tools to support infrastructure as code and applications observability.
Salary: $115,000/yr - $130,000/yr plus bonus
Why Flashpoint is a great place to work
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and a product that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded events: dietary & allergy conscious catered lunches, book clubs, happy hours, committees and much more.
- Benefits. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including unlimited PTO, 401(K), mental health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, and generous parental leave policies.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements and daily meditation, well-stocked kitchens, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.