Senior Product Manager (Notifications)
In a world of noise, our notifications are the signal that leads to action, not fatigue.
Cyber-security teams are continually challenged with getting the right information in a timely manner to protect their organizations against threats. The Flashpoint Ignite platform provides users with petabytes of intelligence, data, and content that must be filtered and brought to users' attention as soon as it’s discovered. The Flashpoint Notifications Product Manager will build products that reduce the cognitive load of analysts so that they can effectively monitor and respond to threats.
Trusted by governments, commercial enterprises, and educational institutions worldwide, Flashpoint helps organizations protect their most critical assets, infrastructure, and stakeholders from security risks such as cyber threats, ransomware, fraud, physical threats, and more. Leading security practitioners—including physical and corporate security, cyber threat intelligence (CTI), vulnerability management, and vendor risk management teams—rely on the Flashpoint Intelligence Platform, comprising open source (OSINT) and closed intelligence, to proactively identify and mitigate risk and stay ahead of the evolving threat landscape. Learn more at www.flashpoint.io.
We have a role for you if
- You have an analytical mindset with a proactive drive and a proven process of data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions
- You show empathy for user problems and an ability to distill insights into the right product answer
- You have Product Management experience in a SaaS product environment
- You’re engaging and transparent with cross-functional teams. Your team knows their priorities and why they’re doing what they’re doing. You have the grit to tackle big, undefined problems. You can work at a tiny crack until you’ve broken open the whole nut.
What you will get to do on our team
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders to build out the notifications roadmap that meets our customers’ needs and drives the most value for the company
- Prioritize, negotiate, and remove blockers with a strong Engineering team to orchestrate successful launches and rapidly deliver customer value
- Own requirements and acceptance criteria for all the products you ship
- Define success metrics for the products and features you ship and every experiment you run
- Understand the impact of each change and be able to articulate the value of the customer need vs. opportunity cost
- Work to collect and analyze engagement data to ensure that releases contribute to improving product “stickiness” and company value
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across the design, engineering, sales, marketing, intel, and leadership teams to ensure transparency of Product plans and progress
What you will achieve
- Within 30 days
- Familiarize yourself with Flashpoint’s mission, products, and toolset
- Meet all necessary stakeholders and team members for your product line
- Present to the product organization the pain points and opportunities for your product line
- Within 60 days
- Be deeply rooted in the product development process for your product (agile ceremonies, discovery efforts, design workshops)
- Attend sales demos and research meetings related to your product
- Shepherd an epic through the development process and measure the outcomes with users
- Have a proposed roadmap for your product
- By 90 days
- Be accountable and manage your product line and the outcomes associated with it.
- Establish yourself as the subject matter expert in the product ecosystem building meaningful product journeys into the rest of our SaaS landscape.
- Define your key customer segments to target with new features and enhancements and formulate a plan for the best way to grow adoption, usage, and a positive customer experience within those segments.
- Execute your product roadmap and communicate the outcomes and business impacts
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Demonstrate the ability to manage the roadmap for a revenue-generating product through experience in go-to-market from idea to launch.
- Make data-driven decisions and prioritize use cases to be solved.
- Degree in computer science or closely related field preferred
- Experience, whether professionally or as an enthusiastic hobbyist, writing code and developing software
- Experience working in the cyber security or physical security or vulnerability management industries
Base Pay Range: $160,000/yr - $180,000/yr plus bonus
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and products and services that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded virtual events: book clubs, happy hours, committees, DIBE discussion groups, Donut mixers, local team member meetups, and much more.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy, and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements, expensed lunches, cool cultural initiatives, and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.