Business Operations Associate
Are you an ambitious, proactive and results–oriented professional with record in finance, sales operations, deal desk and revenue management that enjoys being a part of a global team that provide support to sales organization?
Trusted by governments, commercial enterprises, and educational institutions worldwide, Flashpoint helps organizations protect their most critical assets, infrastructure, and stakeholders from security risks such as cyber threats, ransomware, fraud, physical threats, and more. Leading security practitioners—including physical and corporate security, cyber threat intelligence (CTI), vulnerability management, and vendor risk management teams—rely on the Flashpoint Intelligence Platform, comprising open source (OSINT) and closed intelligence, to proactively identify and mitigate risk and stay ahead of the evolving threat landscape. Learn more at www.flashpoint.io.
We have a role for you if
- You have experience with government contracting concepts, including Federal Acquisition Regulations
- You have a history of responding to RFQ packages for government bids
- You understand transactional contracts, legal terminology and revenue recognition rules.
- You have the ability to describe and interpret positions and make recommendations to resolve client-requested contract business-related changes.
- You are flexible and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- You come with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- You enjoy collaboration with the ability to influence and work effectively in a matrix environment to solicit support and resolve conflicts.
What you will get to do on our team
- Create order documentation to accurately depict the terms of the legal agreement, revenue rules and company’s business rules.
- Review master agreements and work with sales executives to address any issues regarding order document language, pricing, and proper approvals. Work with the sales team to address special needs and complex transactions, develop pricing structure to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Advise internal partners on contract provisions, contract status, existing Services and business-related terms as set forth in the contracts.
- Act as independent liaison coordinating with legal counsel to ensure timely review of new contracts, compliance with contract specifications and resolution of problems and issues, as they occurred. Facilitate meetings and conference calls with internal and external clients to resolve any outstanding issues during the contract negotiation process.
- Process sales orders in CRM system (Salesforce.com) and maintain accurate customer records.
- Work closely with Sales and Legal to secure Flashpoint’s signature on approved legal documents, including but not limiting, to Non-Disclosure Agreements, Subscription Agreements, Professional Services Agreements and SOWs.
- Respond to internal and/or external customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with internal customers i.e. Sales, Legal, Finance/Accounting, Marketing, and Customer Success to answer questions and resolve issues related to customer orders.
- Escalate requests that are non-compliant to business and legal teams.
- Respond to inquiries regarding historical legal documentation from various internal departments.
- Identify areas for efficiency gains and process improvements.
What you will achieve
- Within 30 days
- You will have been fully onboarded and integrated into operations team;
- You will have become familiar with Flashpoint’s the deal management and contracting approach
- You will have started building relationships with key cross-functional stakeholders, including in Sales, Finance, Rev Ops
- Within 60 days
- You will begin building deep familiarity with key Flashpoint deal management processes and contract negotiations
- You will understand Flashpoint’s engagement in government space, and be able to communicate with client procurement teams to resolve business-related changes
- You will become a trusted part of the overall sales process and identify ways to support optimal outcomes from a business perspective.
- By 90 days
- You will be able to independently create order documentation, process sales orders and will be a go-to resource for internal teams to drive efficient, risk-appropriate transactions
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Advanced skills in MS Office and Google Suite
- Experience using Salesforce or similar software
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and relationship management skills
- A strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
Base Pay Range: $65,000/yr - $75,000/yr plus bonus
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and products and services that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded virtual events: book clubs, happy hours, committees, DIBE discussion group, Donut mixers, local team member meetups and much more.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements, expensed lunches, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
- A Great Place to Work. Literally. According to the 99% of employees surveyed, Flashpoint earned designation as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company for 2021. 100% of employees agree that new hires are made to feel welcome and appreciated. If you are interested in learning more, please check out our Certified Profile.