Sr. Strategic Advisor I
Are you an experienced Sales Director that enjoys providing intelligence solutions for cyber security to physical security teams in the Eastern Canada territory? If you like working as an individual contributor in a scaling organization with a mission that has real world impact, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Trusted by governments, commercial enterprises, and educational institutions worldwide, Flashpoint helps organizations protect their most critical assets, infrastructure, and stakeholders from security risks such as cyber threats, ransomware, fraud, physical threats, and more. Leading security practitioners—including physical and corporate security, cyber threat intelligence (CTI), vulnerability management, and vendor risk management teams—rely on the Flashpoint Intelligence Platform, comprising open source (OSINT) and closed intelligence, to proactively identify and mitigate risk and stay ahead of the evolving threat landscape. Learn more at www.flashpoint.io.
We have a role for you if you:
- Are an experienced cybersecurity or intelligence practitioner
- Have deep subject matter expertise with Cyber Threat Intelligence CTI)
- Sets and is accountable for strategic planning and ROI that directly impacts team and company level initiatives
- Drive team-level change by demonstrating EQ and contributing alongside happy, healthy, high performing teams
- Have a teachable spirit and work ethic that is motivated by healthy competition and an intrinsic drive to help others proactively combat threats to their organizations
- Thrive when engaging with Fortune 500 customers and prospects and customers to evangelize the benefits and outcomes of intelligence solutions as a trusted advisor
- Understand the workflows, processes and how to navigate a CRM to report on sales activities and pipeline
- Possess a proven ability to manage a project from ideation through to completion
- Enjoy the technical and creative aspects of building webinars, threat briefings, conference talks and other elements of thought leadership for the purposes of energizing interest and pipeline
- Possess a deep integrity of character to be willing to admit mistakes and learn from them
- Are obsessed with monitoring the OSINT and D/DW for what’s new and next, becoming an observant storyteller for others to learn from
- Can demo or learn to demo Flashpoint solutions to better articulate ROI, value proposition and story
- Love consulting with others to listen, solve complex problems and offer creative solutions
What you will achieve:
- Within 30 days
- Cross-train across Flashpoint’s intelligence suite of products and services
- Work to understand Flashpoint’s deeper ROI
- Lean-in and help out wherever it will add value, including helping to create knowledge transfer materials based on past experience
- Within 60 days
- Engage in role-playing scenarios with reps and SAs to get more ‘at-bats’ and practice a refined pitch that is not just a presentation, but a true conversation
- Brainstorm 1:1 or 1:many briefing opportunities to generate excitement or interest (e.g. threat briefings, conference talks, vulnerability webinars, etc.) among customers and prospects
- Tag-in on customer-facing meetings to shadow and learn our consultative approach
- By 90 days
- Be customer-facing industry practitioners turned product specialists, ready and willing to grow into areas of the Advisory team that could benefit from your expertise
To be successful in this role, you will need to be:
- Articulate about value/brand/integrated story
- Able to build and nurture rapport with key contacts at prospective customers
- Developing into an Innovations Unit // Entrepreneurial // Consultative team player
- Working with a ‘Send me’ attitude and enthusiasm for FP Cross-Sells
- Self-starters who once aligned with a sales territory, help to formulate strategic decisions that positively influence pipeline generation and pipeline development within that territory. Measuring activities and impact is second nature, part of proving program efficacy and genuinely finding what works and what doesn’t.
Base Pay Range: $107,500-$170,000/yr plus commission
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and products and services that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded virtual events: book clubs, happy hours, committees, DIBE discussion group, Donut mixers, local team member meetups and much more.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements, expensed lunches, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.