Senior Manager, Data & Analytics
WHO ARE WE?
Firstleaf is transforming the $70B US wine market by empowering consumers to experience wine in a whole new way: theirs!
Firstleaf launched in February 2016, with the vision to be the world’s most customer-centric wine company. We created a flexible direct-to-consumer model combining the roles of winery, importer, and retailer into one vertically integrated company. By eliminating the middleman and dealing directly with the world’s finest wineries, we provide our members with an exclusive selection of world-class wines at significant savings. We source from vineyards around the globe and have our own talented winemakers on staff. Our wines have won over 3,000 awards, including 500+ 90 point scores.
We understand that wine is a complicated and intimidating category to shop, especially if you’re a new wine drinker. We exist to make it easy for consumers to confidently find wines that they will love, not because a fancy sommelier in Bordeaux told them it was good, but because they actually love the way it tastes!
Our custom algorithm uses millions of data points to produce and curate each shipment of award-winning wine from around the world so that members can explore new bottles and discover new favorites tailored to their taste. Founded by Philip James, a wine industry veteran and Oxford-educated chemist, the subscription service unites the art and science of wine. With a wide variety of wines from around the world, we have over 82 million combinations of wines possible and 98% of our monthly boxes are unique. We’re constantly refining wine recommendations based on the ratings of our members, who control which wines they get, how much, and how often.
This process begins with a chemical analysis of all our wines so that we understand at the molecular level what is in each bottle. As a result, after our customers take our quiz and rate 3 bottles, we know exactly what it is that they like or don’t like (level of tannins, acidity, sugar, etc), enabling us to refine their wine profile, recommend additional wines AND make choices on which wines to produce with 96% accuracy!
We have been recognized by Fast Company’s Annual List of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and named to Quartz's Best Companies for Remote Workers 2022. Over one million people have tried Firstleaf since our inception and we continue to disrupt an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century– we need you to help tell our story.
The Senior Manager of Data & Analytics acts as an analytical thought leader, delivering insights with data and driving operational decision-making across the Product and Marketing teams. By partnering with the Product and Marketing teams, the focus will be on understanding and prioritizing key questions and problems raised, analyzing data and running experiments/tests to find solutions, and providing actionable recommendations.
This is a fully remote position.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Analyze and report on our DTC subscription/e-commerce business as well as the overall digital customer experience on our website
- Improve and expand existing analytics efforts such as funnel analysis and customer segmentation/cohort analysis
- Monitor key funnel metrics to evaluate performance and unlock growth, as well as understand and surface the root cause of changes
- Partner to support the design, track, and report on A/B tests and outcomes for Product and Marketing experiments, and provide actionable recommendations
- Provide ongoing analysis and reporting of cohort behavior and media performance, while assessing user behavior and marketing trends
- Establish key performance metrics and develop reporting dashboards, and own Marketing and Product reporting and measurement solutions with a goal of delivering self-service
- Introduce structure around data and processes to drive seamless reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience; MBA a plus
- 5-10+ years of experience in an analytics role at an eCommerce company, experience with subscription-based models a plus
- Deep understanding of eCommerce drivers and KPIs, as well as internet marketing with familiarity in key digital metrics, channels, and platforms
- Experience collaborating with digital product and marketing teams
- Advanced SQL skills; R and/or Python skills a plus
- Comfortable with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Amplitude
- Strong understanding of experimentation and experience in designing, monitoring, and analyzing A/B tests
- Demonstrated business acumen and proven ability to partner collaboratively across functions to influence and drive business decisions
- Fluency in written and spoken English with excellent written and verbal structured communication skills and the ability to tell the ‘story’ surrounding the analytics and numbers
- Strong leadership skills that bring judgment and demonstrated ability to influence up, down, and sideways within a fast-paced organization
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent problem-solving skills, high intellectual horsepower, and the ability to think strategically
- High levels of personal integrity and willingness to speak one’s mind
- Conscientious and able to focus on completing work to a consistently high standard
- Agile thinker with the ability to bounce between big-picture strategy and operational details
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills; high attention to detail
- Flexible and positive approach to work; adaptable to working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Proactive and willingness to take on multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with ability to work independently
- Must be a team player, willing to help and be flexible
- Continually strive for improvement and introspective with a desire to continuously learn
Salary: $140,000-$180,000/year dependent on relevant experience
Working with the world's best wine company isn't enough? Seriously though, we offer remote work and unlimited PTO. We offer a competitive compensation package and stock options grants, plus choices with medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as flexible spending accounts, life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance program, and discounted pet insurance. And to top it off: a monthly wine credit with our wine club!
Firstleaf is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Firstleaf is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.