Retention Marketing Manager
Have you ever wanted to disrupt a $70bn industry and be a key member of a fully integrated consumer and business-facing marketing company that is supported by a supply chain that stretches from the US to Europe and across the Southern Hemisphere? Do you fancy a deep-dive into the intricate details of marketing while maintaining the nimbleness of a data-driven, digital company? Are you keen to help a young, fast-growing company continue to evolve into a world-class, employer of choice? Well, then, come say hi!
Firstleaf is looking for a Retention Marketing Manager to join our team. The Retention Marketing Manager is responsible for driving the planning, execution, and optimization of multi-channel engagement and retention marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this position has solid technical skills and expertise in email and SMS, works well cross-functionally, has a strong analytical mindset, is a thought leader for developing new, innovative, results-driven engagement and retention initiatives, and operates with integrity. In this role, you will drive the planning, execution, and optimization of multi-channel engagement and retention marketing initiatives.
This position is fully remote.
Audience segmentation strategy and testing
- Develop and implement strategies to improve personalization and segmentation, making decisions supported by data to ensure we’re targeting the right users at the right time
- Implement testing roadmap and learning agenda to optimize campaigns and drive results
Initiative performance tracking
- Report on campaign and testing efforts, assessing results against relevant KPIs/goals while sizing opportunities to scale winning strategies
Retention marketing channel expansion
- Identify opportunities to incorporate Firstleaf’s website, app, social, and direct mail channels into overall retention marketing strategies
You will be an ideal candidate for this role if you are:
- Exceptionally organized and able to manage accountability across multiple work streams, including project management and timeline management
- A results-driven, self-starter, with an ownership mindset and the ability to work independently
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- 5+ years of relevant growth, lifecycle, retention, or subscription marketing experience with a track record for building customer-focused, multi-channel campaigns proven to increase retention and LTV
- Strong technical knowledge relevant to the typical e-commerce environment
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing campaigns through an ESP (e.g. Iterable)
- Strong attention to detail; ability to think analytically about how changes may impact future communications to certain audiences
- Solid experience designing tests across multiple media channels to ensure interpretable and actionable results and overseeing complex executions
- Strong ability to generate meaningful data analysis to influence action
- Expertise in bringing cross-functional stakeholders together to advance retention goals, and helping other teams drive results through close collaboration
- Familiarity with data analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Tableau, Amplitude)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related discipline
- Experience in e-commerce and subscription models (Preferred, not required)
Salary: $80,000-$100,000/year dependent on relevant experience.
Working with the world's best wine company isn't enough? Seriously though, we offer remote work and unlimited PTO. We offer a competitive compensation package and stock options grants, plus choices with medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as flexible spending accounts, life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance program, and discounted pet insurance. And to top it off: a monthly wine credit with our wine club!
Firstleaf is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Firstleaf is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.