Senior Data Scientist
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Who we are:
We are a brilliant team making our own history to evolve the ecommerce industry. Our mission is to accelerate the gross merchandise value of the internet by ending the pain of replatforming. Our products are centered around optimizing the digital commerce experience so everyone has the opportunity to shop seamlessly. We provide them with the last platform they will ever need.
Your next career move should be bold and we have the experience you are seeking. We build and ship products & solutions that enable merchants to compete and deliver a world class differentiated shopping experience online.
Are you a disruptor? We want your ideas, skills, and expertise to help build our products that will make customers happier when they shop online and we want to build these tools in such a way that any merchant can deploy these experiences painlessly and quickly, The best part? Every bit of your work at fabric will help scale the business of our customers.
No matter what field you are in, fabric has exciting opportunities for people who are passionate about making a difference and skilled at what they do!
Here are four questions you should ask yourself:
- Do I believe in fabric's mission?
- Am I eager to build cool things?
- Am I excited to collaborate with brilliant people?
- Am I motivated to disrupt e-commerce?
If the answer is yes, we want to talk to you!
Where we hire:
This role can be located in California, Washington State, Massachusetts, Texas or New York.
Your next career:
fabric is looking for a passionate data scientist with a strong background in data analysis, statistical modeling, and machine learning with a proven track record of solving complex business problems using data-driven approaches. This a founding role and offers the opportunity to work on challenging projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Develop and implement advanced machine learning and statistical models (Deep Learning/Reinforcement learning/ Causal models) to optimize various aspects of our e-commerce platform, such as personalization, pricing, inventory management, and customer segmentation.
- Extract, transform, and analyze large datasets to derive valuable insights that drive business decisions and strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software developers, product managers, and business analysts, to define and prioritize data science projects.
- Evaluate and improve existing data science models, continuously refining the accuracy and performance of predictive algorithms.
- Run multiple experiments and models efficiently to explore green field opportunities in the commerce space and create value for retailers.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in data science, machine learning, and e-commerce trends, and apply these insights to improve our business processes.
- Work closely within engineering teams and collaborate extensively cross functionally with product and customer teams to understand customer needs, discover opportunities, and build comprehensive data gathering and modeling strategies for various ML/DL needs
What you bring to the table:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related technical field.
- 5+ years experience in developing and deploying machine learning models in a real-world business environment.
- Proficiency in programming with Python, R, or MATLAB.
- Experience working on cloud DL/ML toolchainStrong knowledge of data manipulation, statistical analysis, and data visualization tools and libraries.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a data-driven mindset.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- A strong desire to innovate and contribute to a fast-paced, results-oriented team.
- Familiarity with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, or similar platforms.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).Previous experience with A/B testing and experimentation methodologies.
- Experience in the e-commerce industry or related domains is a plus.
The base salary for this role will be between USD 171k to USD 230k.
What we bring to the table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- PTO and Holiday plans
- Benefits packages which include Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision
- Wellness & Technology Programs
- 401k Program
- Fast-paced, fun and collaborative environment
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally
*fabric is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
fabric requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work in-person in our offices and externally with any third-parties, unless the employee requests and is granted an accommodation. Questions about this requirement should be addressed to fabric’s People team.