Head, Centre of Excellence
The Head of Centre of Excellence (COE) is key management position responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of the COE a responsible for all of the people within the defined COE region, and the capability of the COE in both skills and number of people, to deliver outstanding performance for the domain areas as described below:
Domain areas (for which the COE’s will rely on) are responsible for:
- Setting the process and toolset upon which the COE runs
- Being the primary point of escalation of the COE teams
- Producing the training and development plan and documentation
- Setting the process SLAs and customer satisfaction metrics
- Providing feedback of the quality of the COE
The Head of the Centre of Excellence will ensure the COE has the right level of resources required to do the work expected in the COE, and they are responsible for all people issues as well as rostering and ensuring coverage for the domain requirements.
They will be responsible for the growth and enhancing the skills of the COE team, and ensure that the people within the COE are highly capable and skilled to do the work expected. They will work closely with the domain leaders, to drive standardisation, documentation and training.
- Leadership and Management: The Head of COE works closely with the Domain Owner/Leads and provides strategic leadership and direction to the COE teams, ensuring that the team is consistently aligned with the organisation's goals and objectives
- People Management: Responsible for all personnel within the COE region. This includes attracting and retaining talent within its structure
- Capability Development: To highlight the importance of competency expertise and skill development as a driver of success by identifying areas for improvement, implementing training and development programs, ensuring the teams possess the necessary skills to excel
- Resource Management: Ensure there are adequate people to cover the needs of the functional areas, both for the present, and planned future operational needs.
- Performance Management: Consistently monitors and evaluates the performance of the COE, both in terms of individual team members and the collective performance of the COE as a whole. Work closely with Order Management, Production Services, Support and Connectivity teams to ensure adequate documentation and support for training new people and improving their skills
- Domain Expertise: To have a solid understanding/expertise in the domain areas relevant to the COE. This understanding enables them to make informed decisions, provide guidance and contribute to the strategic direction of the COE. Work with the functional leaders to provide information and to assist with innovation and self-service
- Stakeholder Engagement: Interacts and maintain clear communication channels with various stakeholders to ensure that the activities align with domain needs and company expectations.
- Team Engagement: Actively encourage an environment which offers outstanding customer support, continuous improvement, quality, high employee engagement, high team performance and collaboration
- Special Projects: Participate and contribute expertise knowledge and assistance in special projects as it relates to Growth or Product as required
- Continuous Improvement: To run a quality control framework that covers all people within the COE to ensure there is continual measurement of quality and accuracy of the process, and to inculcate an environment of continual improvement.
- Reports: Provide monthly key metrics of the business area, as required
- Passionate and customer driven - strong desire to meet and exceed customer’s requirements
- Communicates effectively - able to build working relationships with stakeholders, with an enthusiasm for coaching and supporting others.
- Innovative - takes an interest in industry best practice and always looks for ways to continuously improve our services
- Complex problem solver - Able to consider impacts and acts to optimise the balance of client risks with operational change
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years in managing similar operations or shared services centre set up