Digital Media Operator
As a key member of the Production team, this role is focused on the receiving of and processing of files to a quality that meets the specifications of the destination, within the SLA.
- to ensure client’s orders and material, both tape and file, are processed ready for ingest, and communicate any problems/issues with the client effectively and in a timely manner. To assist clients with all aspects of their order or any queries they may have.
- ingesting material, to the highest quality, into the Adstream system ensuring high productivity at all times with a constant flow of ingestion.
- to contribute to conversion, editing and other related work
- to constructively and proactively liaise within the Production team to ensure material is ingested and work is completed within timeframes, customers are advised and charged appropriately for fixes.
- Maintain current clients & revenues by playing your part in ensuring the smooth running of ingest and maintaining the high standards of Quality Control and Customer Service
- Ensure low error rate – Check material is available for ingestion within SLA
- Document client issues via phone, email or in person and respond to client within the agreed timelines
- Ensure quoting is accurate, timely and follows rate card and discount rules for products and any other services offered
- Always work efficiently and effectively, using correct workflow and work procedures
- Testing end to end for TV or Broadcast products; reporting thoroughly back to IT & Business Solutions or other agreed escalation routes
- Monitor and track TVC distribution to meet client deadlines and Adstream SLA’s
- Manage orders on behalf of clients with view to converting client to direct usage of the system at appropriate time
- Ensure all resends and additional fees are charged for
- All new clients need to have files tested before first order and cleared to follow the process
- In conjunction with Traffic, prioritising Ingest tasks to meet SLA's and customer's requirements.
- Executing the following tasks in a proficient manner: Ftp and nVerge administration; Transcoding; QC and reporting; Digital File Review and Ingest; various post-production techniques; other tasks that should become relevant to the role from time to time
Operations 24/5 with work on Saturday or Sunday on a two week rotation basis. Shifts are normally: 11am-8pm, 2pm-11pm, 10pm-7am
- Ideally you would currently be working in production, broadcast engineering, video editing or related industrries
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Ingest/ Post production services.
- A background in advertising or media AV support is as knowledge of Broadcaster, Advertising and Post House operations or workflow is a advantage.
- Knowledgeable in Multiple Operating Systems, Windows and Mac Proficiency
- Knowledge of Adobe DTP Software and FinalCut Pro is an advantage
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the country of employment and able to work shifts.