Manager, Tax - US International
Extreme Reach is looking for a US International Tax Manager to join our global finance team. This position will be based in New York reporting to our VP, Global Tax. This role is responsible for the complete income tax life cycle including, but not limited to tax planning and projects, ASC 740 tax provision, tax compliance, audit defense, and so much more.
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation, informing management of the implications for tax planning, provision, and compliance
- Identify and support tax planning initiatives including but not limited to distribution planning, legal entity rationalization, third party transactions, etc.
- Evaluate US and foreign transactions to determine the applicable tax treatment and prepare technical memos to support the positions taken
- Prepare and review international components of tax provision and compliance including but not limited to Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, BEAT, FTC, E&P
- Coordinate with global tax team to reconcile income tax accounts across all foreign entities and provide appropriate support for deferred balances
- Manage all aspects of US international corporate income tax compliance, such as Forms 1118, 5471, 5472, 8858, 8865, 8992, 8993, and related statements and elections
- Partner with global tax team in the development of transfer pricing strategies and preparation of transfer pricing documentation.
- Support the international aspects of inquiries and audits received from US taxing authorities; monitor and assist with foreign country audits
- Identify opportunities for process enhancements in various tax processes and implement changes to adopt best practices
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives, drive process improvements and implement best practices.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
*ADA Essential Functions
*Pursuant to New York City's Pay Transparency Law the pay range for this position is $118,000 - $138,000; base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- 5-7 years of diversified corporate US and international income tax experience with an international accounting firm and/or multinational corporation, including compliance, ASC 740 tax accounting, transactional work and transfer pricing
- “Big 4” or equivalent experience preferred
- CPA, MST, JD preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field preferred
- Strong tax research and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with OneSource Income Tax, OneSource Tax Provision preferred
- Work both independently and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve tax goals in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Foster an environment of trust and inclusion, and maintain good relationships throughout the organization
- Develop, coach and lead direct reports and colleagues
FLSA Status: Exempt