Manager Domestic Tax
Extreme Reach is looking for a US Domestic Tax Manager to join our global finance team. This position will be based in New York reporting to our VP, Global Tax. This role is responsible for the complete income tax life cycle including, but not limited to tax planning and projects, ASC 740 tax provision, tax compliance, audit defense, and so much more.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation, informing management of the implications for tax planning, provision, and compliance
- Identify and support tax planning initiatives including but not limited to distribution planning, legal entity rationalization, third party transactions, etc.
- Evaluate US transactions to determine the applicable tax treatment and prepare technical memos to support the positions taken
- Manage and execute US domestic tax provision reporting and review process in accordance with ASC 740 to ensure the Company’s reporting obligations are timely and correctly met. Maintain effective SOX 404 procedures.
- Manage and execute U.S. federal and state and local income / franchise tax compliance process including timelining, managing resources, reviewing / preparing, researching relevant issues to ensure the Company’s filing obligations are timely and correctly met. Manage related government audits.
- Oversee US R&D tax credit
- Oversee US domestic property tax, including related government audits.
- Oversee US domestic sales and use tax, including related government audits.
- Identify opportunities for process enhancements in various tax processes and implement changes to adopt best practices
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives, drive process improvements and implement best practices.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
*ADA Essential Duties
*Pursuant to New York City's Pay Transparency Law the pay range for this position is $118,000 - $138,000; base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5-7 years of diversified corporate US income tax experience with an international accounting firm and/or large corporation, including compliance, ASC 740 tax accounting, and transactional work
- Comprehensive understanding of ASC 740
- Understanding of US international tax principles and related US federal compliance (1118, 5471, etc.) helpful
- “Big 4” or equivalent experience, CPA, MST and experience with OneSource Income Tax, OneSource Tax Provision preferred
- Strong tax research and analytical skills; Process development and implementation skills; project management experience preferred
- Work both independently and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve tax goals in a timely and accurate manner
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Foster an environment of trust and inclusion, and maintain good relationships throughout the organization
- Develop, coach and lead direct reports and colleagues