Group Finance Director, SpotlightXR
Spotlight is a division of Extreme Reach that supports the commercial and entertainment production payroll industries with innovative, smarter solutions for today’s payroll services and accounting needs. Guided by a belief that the winning approach is equal parts people and technology, the team’s expertise draws from all corners of the production payroll industry and shares a commitment to outstanding customer service.
Extreme Reach is known for successfully disrupting and transforming legacy workflows in media and marketing for more than 10 years. Spotlight is backed by deep resources and unencumbered by bureaucracy. Its modern software is customer-driven, built to meet the unique demands of all types of productions, and architected to be future-ready no matter what comes next.
With its headquarters in California and teams covering every region of North America, Spotlight addresses payroll, taxes, benefits, residuals, production incentives, accounting and more, across all 50 states and Canada.
The Group Finance Manager will partner with the President, Production Payroll and other key stakeholders playing a critical role in driving our accounting operations and technical accounting functions including corporate financial consolidation and reporting related to our Spotlight division. The hired candidate will create durable and recurring processes and while building analysis and insight into everything we do. In this highly visible role, you will have a major impact on our success.
You will be empowered to help set the vision and goals for the Spotlight team, build relationships, optimize tools, and seek efficiencies to deliver on these goals. The ideal candidate will have a constant eye toward incremental improvements, connecting detail-oriented analysis to “big-picture” implications, they think and plan multiple steps ahead. This role will partner with our Global Controller, Vice President of FP&A, and will also be involved in tax and treasury activities as they relate to Spotlight.
The Candidate and Requirements:
- Perform extensive variance analysis vs. prior year, budget and forecasting, focusing management's attention on key issues.
- Oversee accounting month end closing processes, review month end P&L balance sheet, ensure accuracy for consolidation, and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Monitor working capital needs of the Spotlight business and prepare a free cash flow forecast
- Develop and analyze global business performance metrics, by partnering with the business leaders to develop an understanding of industry, corporate and customer drivers.
- Responsible for accurate, timely and insightful financial and operational analysis and reporting on a global basis.
- Participate in the monthly review of actual results for reasonableness and consistency with budget and prior year.
- Develop global financial models to aid evaluation of internal product initiatives and their impact on the organization's financial performance.
- Increase productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplicates; coordinating information requirements.
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Prepare weekly revenue, expense and cash forecasts and provide variance explanations.
- Build and maintain effective business partnerships within the organization and respond to spending inquiries from budget owners.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Management
*ADA Essential Functions
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or equivalent plus 10+ years of directly related experience
- Experience working within Production Payroll and/or Commercial Talent industry highly preferred
- Expert with Excel and PowerPoint and knowledge of ERP systems (Netsuite / SAP)
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, able to work under deadlines and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Ability to analyze results and assess financial/strategic impacts of business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and generate reporting efficiencies
- Financial and economic modeling skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- Must be willing to work from our Burbank office.
FLSA Status: Exempt
- ER has 23 offices worldwide and teams spread throughout the US, EMEA and APAC, our multicultural teams work cross-departmentally and across continents and cultures towards a shared goal
- It is our belief that the better we work together to help our clients achieve their goals, the more successful Extreme Reach will be
- Our leadership is provided a great deal of autonomy and freedom in their individual roles, they are encouraged to be self starters and to continuously develop their skills
- Feedback from internal Employee Engagement Surveys cites the People, Teamwork and Flexibility as the most rewarding aspects of working at ER
- We are a supportive and collaborative culture that values multiple perspectives, fresh thinking and is dedicated to DEI
- ER celebrates diversity of ideas, people and experiences
- Generous PTO, flexible work schedules and all positions allowing for hybrid working arrangements create a rewarding work-life balance