Mobile Developer Relations Engineer
Our world is mobile — the phones in our pockets, our 10+ IoT devices at home, the cars we drive, the way we conduct our work, and the point-of-sale devices from which we buy our coffee and donuts. Embrace is on a mission to make all of our edge experiences exceptional by helping revolutionary companies evolve and excel in this mobile-world that did not exist even 7 years ago. Customers, like Goat, Hilton, Masterclass, Home Depot, and Cameo, love Embrace’s mobile observability and data platform because it makes extremely complicated and voluminous data actionable.
About the Role
Embrace is seeking a driven and passionate DevRel Engineer to help establish and shape Embrace’s mobile developer community. Our goal is to win the trust of mobile developers and builders by meeting them where they are and providing the right technical education, tools, and resources to enable their success. As Developer Relations Engineer, you will need fluency in coding, software engineering goals, challenges, modes of communication, and tooling. You will need to establish credibility, thought leadership, inspiration, and trust with our community, and promote a spirit of collaboration and grassroots advocacy that equips our users to succeed with Embrace and helps drive new users and prospects.
What You’ll Do
- Manage relationships with key Embrace users, and partner with these community leaders, fulfilling our commitments to the community and ensuring our user experience is best-in-class.
- Write detailed blog posts and how-to articles with code samples to our growing community of developers working.
- Answer technical questions on community forums.
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Product Marketing to produce developer-facing documentation and training materials for Embrace SDKs and APIs to foster the growth of our developer community
- Contribute to the product through feedback (bugs or product enhancements suggestions), documentation, or code, including participation in open source projects, create of example projects etc
- Lead Engineering content, including the creation of content for our engineering blog
- Define a comprehensive developer community program, including marketing program strategy, content, event and webinar/podcast strategy, and more.
- Partner with our engineering team to deliver educational content to community members, expanding their skills and product fluency while driving advocacy.
- Manage communications with the developer community and prospective new members across social media, online periodicals, and forum websites.
- Collaborate with internal and external marketing resources to scale your developer community programs globally.
- Outstanding communication and social networking skills.
- A storyteller, highly creative, energetic, and communicative; with good writing and presentation skills
- A iOS and/or Android engineering background
- A passion for engineering culture, languages, tools, etc
- A data driven, KPI mindset with a history of using a test-and-learn approach to drive incremental results
- High competency and low ego, you have a passion for helping people both inside and outside of your company
- Experience cultivating and growing developer communities preferred
- Experience increasing employer brand awareness and utilizing various digital and in-person mechanisms to generate buzz and excitement preferred
- Experience embedding in engineering teams and partnering with engineers to create content, and to engage in external events preferred
- Perspective - seeking to understand others’ perspectives
- Investing - investing in discovering value, unprompted
- Honesty - delivering brutal honesty kindly
- Simplest - finding the simplest solutions by focusing on outcomes
- Ownership - empowering yourself and others through solutions, not answers
- Dark Humor - finding levity together, even when tackling hard problems
Why join Embrace?
Embrace is growing and recently raised a Series B backed by YCombinator, NEA, Greycroft, and the founders of Testflight, Parse, and PagerDuty. The repeat founding team also started Scopely, a $3B+ unicorn mobile startup. Enterprises, revolutionaries, and vendors rely on the Embrace Data Platform to capture 100% of user-behavioral and technical time-based session data rather than relying on sampling. The engineering, data science, UX, and product teams at NYTimes, Hyatt, OkCupid, and Owlet are driving their businesses with Embrace.
The cash compensation for this role is dependent upon the leveling of the right candidate, starting at a base of $120K for someone earlier in their DevRel career and can go up to a base of $180K. In addition to cash comp, we offer equity in the form of options, a variety of benefits, and the opportunity to grow in an exciting and collaborative environment.