Primary Care Physician (In person in NYC), MD/DO
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2023
About Eden Health
Eden Health is a nationally recognized medical practice on a mission to create a world where every person has a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider. Working with clients across the country, Eden Health offers 24/7 virtual primary care, in-person primary care, mental health services, physical therapy, and navigation. The Eden Health team is driven by a patient-centric approach, delivering relationship-based collaborative care. With this model, our clients have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and our team reflects this. Our hope at Eden Health is to create an environment where each person can do the best and most important work in their careers.
What you will be doing
A Primary Care Physician, MD/DO will join our New York City-based Primary Care team. You will deliver patient-centric primary care primarily onsite at our clinic sites. At times you will also deliver care and communicate with patients via telehealth/virtual care modalities including video and asynchronous care platforms (messaging, remote monitoring, etc). As a primary care physician you will support a panel of patients and collaborate with other members of each patient's care team to ensure we have a connected, communicative, and coordinated approach to each individual patient’s health. You will also have dedicated time for supervision of nurse practitioners and physician assistants. As a fast growing startup, we offer opportunities to contribute to product design and the optimization of clinical workflows. Excellent candidates will have a passion for providing compassionate patient care, embracing change as an opportunity, and collaborating enthusiastically to solve problems and improve processes.
What success looks like
- Provide exceptional in-person and virtual primary care without RVU or volume targets (position is fully salaried)
- Manage follow-up and urgent issues through a robust telemedicine platform
- Execute population health and clinical improvement initiatives with a team of providers and clinical associates
- Supervise a team of advanced practice clinicians
- Perform minor in-office procedures, like collecting point-of-care specimens, drawing blood, and performing Pap smears, vaginal exams, nasopharyngeal swab testing, ear irrigation, abscess incision & drainage, etc
- Use innovative tools to provide excellent and cost-effective care to patients, including virtual consults and video visits
- Collaborate with business teams at Eden Health to improve the experience of the patient and the clinical team
- Drive a collaborative and patient-centered culture within the company
- Support a panel of patients by delivering excellent patient satisfaction and helping drive health outcomes and targets through various interventions.
- Stay up to date and consistent with new medical guidelines and company protocols for assessing and treating various primary care conditions.
- Collaborate as needed with our product team or various internal stakeholders to develop new solutions for clinicians and patients
What you will bring
- MD or DO currently licensed in New York; multiple state licenses preferred (NJ, IL, CA, TX, MA, FL) or ability and willingness to obtain more licenses.
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine
- Passionate about a patient-centered approach to primary care
- Experience managing and collaborating with physician assistants and/or nurse practitioners
- A desire to disrupt and improve the US healthcare system
- At least 3 years experience in Primary care.
- Some remote holiday coverage is shared across the care team
- Ability to work 4-5 days in clinic with some potential for virtual shifts
- Some evening hours in the clinic may be needed.
- Enthusiasm for using technology to deliver best in class patient care through the use of our telehealth platform
- Board Certification
- BLS Certification
Why Eden Health
- Remote first company and culture: Featured in Built In’s 2023 100 Best Hybrid Places to Work
- Featured in Forbes’ list of America's Best Startup Employers for 2023
- Series C Healthtech startup with a mission-driven team that's passionate about helping every person have a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and commuter benefits
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- Strong and quickly growing client base of America’s leading employers
Our systems do not allow offshore access of Protected Health Information; therefore, this role must be performed from the U.S. at all times. While most Eden Health positions are remote-first, we are a company that values building trusted relationships. To achieve this we have programming and events which require us to be in person, including team and company-wide meetings. To ensure everyone's safety, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you have additional questions, your Talent Partner will be able to answer them.
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). All Eden Health interviews are conducted via Zoom or Google Meet meetings. Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: email@example.com.