Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Eden Health provides simple, tech-enabled primary care sold directly to employers. Our users enjoy immediate access to care over the Eden Health app, in our private clinics, and directly in their offices. We have transformed healthcare from an unpleasant necessity to a delightful experience focused on improving the lives of patients. The proof is in the outcomes; when companies work with us they have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs.
What you will do
As a full-time Virtual Navigator, you will play an essential role in our virtual day-to-day operations for our national virtual primary care practice. You will work closely with the clinical and operations teams, contributing to a meaningful workplace and clinical experience. Excellent candidates will exemplify a passion for delivering exceptional patient experiences, building trust, and having a "no task is too big or small" attitude. Our Virtual Care Team consists of Medical Assistants, Medical Providers, and Operational Support Staff. As a member of that Care Team, you will assist with answering patient questions via chat platform, scheduling appointments, care coordination, patient outreach, insurance navigation and potentially expanding to virtual intake and rooming of patients.
This is a virtual only role with expected hours of availability being between 7am - 10pm EST. Hours may expand to include weekends in the future. In this position you will report to the Manager of Virtual Navigation and work collaboratively with Medical Providers, virtual care teams, and other Medical Assistants. Be ready to adapt to and thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, tech forward environment that always puts the patient first!
What success looks like
- Master the Eden Health care model and ecosystem, fostering strong and lasting patient relationships.
- Adhere to and uphold Eden Health and Clinical Care standard operating procedures, workflows, and service philosophy. Maintain clinical etiquette, acumen, and professionalism.
- Work collaboratively with peers, clinicians, and operations leadership to provide exceptional clinical, operational, and administrative longitudinal primary care
- Maintain an interactive relationship with key stakeholders on the virtual clinical care team
- Creating a 5-star patient experience by conducting pre-, post-, peri-patient outreach, facilitating referrals, retrieving external medical records, following up with labs and patients on results, and maintaining an accurate and up-to-date EMR.
- Consistently adhere to and demonstrate knowledge of HIPAA, OSHA policy, and AAMA regulations and guidelines.
- Communicate professionally with our patients and respond to all of their requests with sensitivity and positivity
- Collaborate with our engineering and product team to develop new solutions for patient access to all of Eden Health’s services
- Identify and triage complex or urgent questions to be handled by our Clinical or Healthcare Navigation team
- Provide timely communication and updates throughout your shift
- Efficiently complete basic insurance, cost, scheduling, and care coordination questions on the spot
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of multiple patient chats at once while prioritizing patient needs based on urgency
- Assist patients with scheduling appointments, updating insurance records, check-in/out processes, and completion of consents and intake forms
- Collect vital patient health history and assist in completing charts using various data sources and clinical tools
- Perform standard Medical Assistant clinical competencies, including:
- Supporting patients virtually to obtain, document, and report accurate vital signs
- Obtaining, documenting, and reporting basic medical, social, and family history
- Providing patient education on topics such as blood pressure monitoring and glucometer usage
- Manage and maintain medical records and insurance reports
- Liaise with external facilities to arrange hospital admissions, laboratory services, and support the patient's overall care plan as needed
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Perform other related duties as required
What you will bring
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced startup environment, utilizing technology to deliver exceptional clinical experiences and collaborate with providers, virtual dyads, and other medical assistants as part of a cohesive team.
- 2+ years of in-person or virtual (preferred) medical office experience, operations associate, or other clinical-related experiences.
- 2+ years of customer-facing service experience within a medical clinic or similar setting, including clinical and administrative support.
- Experience in maintaining patient records and documentation.
- State-mandated medical assistant certifications required at the time of hire
- Practical understanding of medical and insurance terminology as well as medication terminology, HIPAA policies, medical malpractice, and informed consent
- Enthusiasm for delivering excellent customer service and providing five-star patient experiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication (chat, email, and verbal-based), attention to detail, and sense of urgency
- Proficiency with modern EMRs (Athena is a bonus), apple and iOS hardware and operating systems, and familiarity with google suite
- Ability to work shifts between the hours of 7am - 10pm EST, Monday - Friday. Hours may expand to include weekends in the future.
- Multi-lingual (preferred)
Why Eden Health
- Remote first company and culture
- Series C Healthtech startup with a mission-driven team that's passionate about helping every person have a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and commuter benefits
- Learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- Strong and quickly growing client base of America’s leading employers
While the majority of Eden Health positions are remote-first, we are a company that values building trusted relationships. To achieve this we have programming and events which require us to be in person, including team and company-wide meetings. To ensure everyone's safety, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you have additional questions, your Talent Partner will be able to answer them.
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). All Eden Health interviews are conducted via Zoom or Google Meet meetings. Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: email@example.com.