Medical Assistant, In-Clinic Care - New York, NY
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
About Eden Health:
Eden Health is a nationally recognized medical practice on a mission to create a world where every person has a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider. Working with employers across the country, Eden Health offers employees 24/7 digital care, same-day in-person primary care, mental health services, physical therapy, and benefits navigation. The Eden Health team is driven by a patient-centric approach, delivering relationship-based collaborative care. With this model, our clients have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs. We are committed to diversity, equity, and integrity, and our teams reflect this. Our hope at Eden Health is to create an environment where each person can do the best and most important work in their careers.
What you will do:
As a full-time Clinic Care Medical Assistant at Eden Health, you will play an essential role in our in-person day-to-day operations at our brick-and-mortar and employer-dedicated medical offices. You will work closely with the clinical and operations teams, contributing to a meaningful workplace clinical experience. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about delivering exceptional patient experiences, building trust, and have a "no task is too big or small" attitude. As part of a collaborative team of Medical Assistants and Medical Providers, you will assist with patient engagement and care coordination, patient access, and inventory control.
This is an in-person role based out of our New York, NY medical office region and requires flexibility to travel to and from different medical offices within the district and work later hours during the week. In this position you will report to the Supervisor, Medical Offices and work collaboratively with Medical Providers, virtual care teams, and other Medical Assistants.
As a Clinic Care Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for the following
- Master the Eden Health care model and ecosystem, fostering strong and lasting patient relationships.
- Adhere to and uphold Eden Health and Clinic Care standard operating procedures, workflows, and service philosophy. Maintain clinical etiquette, acumen, and professionalism.
- Support the Clinical Care Team and Clinic Supervisor in executing and reporting on district-specific workplace care events. Maintain cleanliness and accuracy of inventory space and count.
- Assist patients with scheduling appointments, updating insurance records, check-in/out processes, and completion of consents and intake forms.
- Collect vital patient health history and assist in completing charts using various data sources and clinical tools.
- Perform standard Medical Assistant clinical competencies, including:
- Obtaining, documenting, and reporting accurate vital signs.
- Conducting point-of-care tests such as urine dip, COVID, strep, monospot, flu, fingerstick glucose, pregnancy test, BV, and Trichomonas test.
- Quality control of point-of-care tests.
- Phlebotomy and lab collection, including blood separation.
- Administering vaccinations (where applicable).
- Conducting Electrocardiogram (EKG) tests.
- Providing patient education on topics such as blood pressure monitoring and glucometer usage.
- Performing wound care, including suture removal, steri-strip application, and liquid bandaid.
- Coordinate care by conducting patient outreach, facilitating referrals, retrieving external medical records, following up with labs and patients on results, submitting Prior Authorizations and maintaining an accurate and up-to-date EMR.
- Consistently adhere to and demonstrate knowledge of HIPAA, OSHA policy, and AAMA regulations and guidelines.
- Follow emergency, excursion, and adverse event protocols.
- Communicate and collaborate with third-party vendors, including laboratories, medical suppliers, linen vendors, and medical waste services.
- Support mobile care and virtual care teams with equivalent Medical Assistant responsibilities as needed.
What you will bring
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced startup environment, utilizing technology to deliver exceptional clinical experiences and collaborate with providers, virtual dyads, and other medical assistants as part of a cohesive team.
- 1-3 years of in-person medical office experience, operations associate, or other clinical-related experiences.
- 2-3 years of customer-facing service experience within a medical clinic or similar setting, including clinical and administrative support.
- 1-2 years of inventory management experience.
- Experience in maintaining patient records and documentation.
- 1+ years of experience performing clinical point-of-care services (listed in Responsibilities section).
- CPR/BLS Certification required at the time of hire, along with other state-mandated medical assistant certifications, or willingness to become certified/registered.
- Practical understanding of medical, insurance, and medication terminology, HIPAA policies, medical malpractice, and informed consent
- Knowledge of Quest and Labcorp testing supplies and lab procedures.
- Enthusiasm for delivering excellent customer service and providing five-star patient experiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and sense of urgency
- Proficiency with modern EMRs (Athena is a bonus), apple and iOS hardware and operating systems, and familiarity with google suite
- Flexibility to travel within a district and work shifts between the hours of 7:30 AM - 7:30 PM.
Why Eden Health
- Remote first company and culture
- Series C Healthtech startup with a mission-driven team that's passionate about helping every person have a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and commuter benefits
- Learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- Strong and quickly growing client base of America’s leading employers
While the majority of Eden Health positions are remote-first, we are a company that values building trusted relationships. To achieve this we have programming and events which require us to be in person, including team and company-wide meetings. To ensure everyone's safety, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you have additional questions, your Talent Partner will be able to answer them.
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). All Eden Health interviews are conducted via Zoom or Google Meet meetings. Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.