Senior Staff Accountant
Accounting & Finance
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
About Eden Health
Eden Health is a nationally recognized medical practice on a mission to create a world where every person has a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider. Working with employers across the country, Eden Health offers employees 24/7 digital care, same-day in-person primary care, mental health services, physical therapy, and benefits navigation. The Eden Health team is driven by a patient-centric approach, delivering relationship-based collaborative care. With this model, our clients have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs. We are committed to diversity, equity, and integrity, and our teams reflect this. Our hope at Eden Health is to create an environment where each person can do the best and most important work in their careers.
What you will be doing:
The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks within the accounting department including tasks related to cash accounting, accounts payable, payroll, customer invoicing, and the month-end close. This position, reporting to the Controller, offers a hybrid work environment with primarily remote work and some in-office (NYC) and clinical location requirements, as determined by operational needs.
What success looks like
- Specific tasks may include:
- Posting bank transactions and completing month-end bank reconciliations
- Entering and coding vendor bills in Bill.com
- Assisting with remitting and recording payments to vendors
- Creating and remitting invoices to customers
- Maintaining and organizing sales order documentation, including customer contracts, SOWs, and amendments
- Completing month-end close journal entries, reconciliations, and other tasks as assigned by the Controller
- Maintaining and validating data in key systems, including Netsuite, Bill.com, FloQast, Expensify, and Maxio
- Booking payroll journal entries
- Reviewing and approving employee expense reports
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local tax jurisdictions
- Maintaining internal controls
- Completing other tasks as assigned by the Controller
What you will bring
- 1-5 years of related experience
- Accounting degree required
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Prior experience with Netsuite a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
- A great attitude
Why Eden Health
- Remote first company and culture: Featured in Built In’s 2023 100 Best Hybrid Places to Work
- Featured in Forbes’ list of America's Best Startup Employers for 2023
- Series C Healthtech startup with a mission-driven team that's passionate about helping every person have a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and commuter benefits
- Dedicated Culture Committee led by CEO
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- Strong and quickly growing client base of America’s leading employers
While the majority of Eden Health positions are remote-first, we are a company that values building trusted relationships. To achieve this we have programming and events which require us to be in person, including team and company-wide meetings. To ensure everyone's safety, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you have additional questions, your Talent Partner will be able to answer them.
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: email@example.com.