Amperity is more than just the leading customer data platform — THE PEOPLE bring energy, smarts, and experience from all different backgrounds, reflecting our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. THE TECHNOLOGY is multi-patented, AI-powered customer data management software that we invented to help solve problems that have been frustrating consumer brands for years. THE OPPORTUNITY is to hitch your career to a rocket ship. We're addressing a critical market need: helping hundreds of leading brands make sense of massive amounts of transactional and engagement data so that they can understand their customers and provide experiences that delight while boosting revenue and moving the business metrics that matter. Come help us make it happen!
The Amperity Account Manager is responsible for their clients' ongoing value realization. This includes cultivating relationships, developing and executing innovative adoption strategies and ensuring the delivery of Amperity's value for each of our customers. While countless other teams and experts within Amperity are crucial to the establishment and ongoing success of our customers, each relationship needs a focal point of strategic responsibility, cross-functional coordination and accountability for outcomes. The Account Manager serves as that focal point. They make sure that their customers get increasing value out of our technology and our team over time, identify and deploy risk mitigation strategies, and take ownership of renewals and opportunities for mutually beneficial expansion.
The Account Manager works alongside a group of world-class colleagues from Sales, Client Services, Product and other teams to deliver a cohesive and tightly coordinated customer experience, ensuring that in addition to realizing business value beyond expectations, our customers call us their favorite technology and/or service provider.
- Develop and own trust- and value-based day-to-day relationships with key customer contacts at all levels of the customer organization; serve as a liaison between the customer and Amperity. Priority relationship development will be with senior leaders to ensure strategic relationship continuity and value alignment.
- Understand and document success criteria and align the partnership around the customer's business goals, from initial implementation through run state
- Proactively advise customers (either directly or in consultation with Subject Matter Experts) on best practices and areas of opportunity to ensure the most direct path to value.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with cross functional Amperity team members and leadership to ensure project/value alignment.
- Identify risks in delivering on the agreed-upon value roadmap, the relationship, or commercial arrangement and develop and deploy strategies and programs to mitigate such risks
- Own internal account planning and customer health tracking
- Conduct regular business reviews with the customer to clearly illustrate value and explore new use cases
- Perform platform demonstrations from a user perspective taking into account individual customer requirements
- Plan, coordinate and close all renewal opportunities
- Identify expansion opportunities for products and services and leveraging the sales team to close all types of upsell transactions
- In the course of all of the above, generate and manage the following artifacts and initiatives:
- Foundational 3 Questions
- Reference Architecture
- Stakeholder maps & organizational charts
- Value Roadmap
- Contractual limits
- Customer Health Scorecards
- Business Reviews
- Renewal plans / Upsell Opportunities
- Referenceable Customers & various marketing initiatives
- You have 7+ years in an account management role or customer success role, preferably in enterprise software, holding commercial responsibility for a book of business
- You're able to navigate the world's biggest, most complex companies, foster champions and manage dissenters
- You're quick on your feet, projecting confidence and knowing when to tap other experts for the best possible answer
- You have strong general business intuition and instincts, allowing you to "separate the signal from the noise"
- You prioritize understanding your clients' highest-priority business problems, so that you can align your efforts to those problems first, and then draw connections back to Amperity
- You can explain complex concepts simply and persuade others to adopt new ways of thinking, becoming a trusted advisor to your customers over time
- You have a knack for finding opportunities to expand Amperity's scope with existing customers in ways that continue to add outsize value for them
- You have a natural ability for presenting and storytelling
- You anticipate non-technical & tech-oriented risks and hurdles to achieve customer value goals
- You are a team player who excels at rallying and partnering with various cross-function stakeholders
Amperity has headquarters in Seattle and NYC. For this role, we are currently hiring in IL, TX, CO, IN, and MN (Subject to change).
Base Salary: $110,000 -$165,000. Within our pay range, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications such as skills, experience, and education/training.
Cash Incentives: Cash incentives are also available.
Stock Options: The opportunity for ownership is an exciting part of Amperity's total compensation package. Every employee at Amperity receives a new-hire equity grant, commensurate with the scope of their position
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you'll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence. For more details on our benefits, please see our US Benefits & Perks Guide.
Amperity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and reproductive health choices), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as someone with a disability, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.