Business Development Representative
Amperity is more than just the leading customer data platform — THE PEOPLE bring energy, smarts, and experience from all different backgrounds, reflecting our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. THE TECHNOLOGY is multi-patented, AI-powered customer data management software that we invented to help solve problems that have been frustrating consumer brands for years. THE OPPORTUNITY is to hitch your career to a rocket ship. We're addressing a critical market need: helping hundreds of leading brands make sense of massive amounts of transactional and engagement data so that they can understand their customers and provide experiences that delight while boosting revenue and moving the business metrics that matter. Come help us make it happen!
The Business Development Representative will be a key player in the hyper growth of an enterprise software company in the consumer marketing space by filling the sales pipeline with qualified sales opportunities. You will do this by evangelizing Amperity’s unique value proposition to executives at some of the largest brands in the world through the execution of Account Based campaigns and helping them see the world in a whole new way. The BDR is vital as it connects sales and marketing strategy together through superior execution and acts as the “tip of the spear” for the Go-To-Market outreach for an innovative approach based on machine learning to solve a problem that companies have been wrestling with for years. This is a great opportunity to get on the ground floor of a fast growing start up and make an impact everyday by influencing both sales and marketing. You will not be just another warm body here.
- Execute and manage ABM outreach to senior marketing, IT, and analytics functions in the retail, travel, hospital, and restaurant industries.
- Profile accounts and prospects and map Amperity’s solution to customer pain points.
- Craft personal, account based messaging (phone, email, social) that makes the GTM strategy come to life.
- Partner with Account Executives to share insights with target accounts to generate opportunities and act as the connective tissue between sales and marketing.
- Learn the martech and B2C industries like it is your job and become a trusted advisor who can take a consultative approach to helping marketers make the most of their customer data.
- Collect and share insights with the broader company about pain points and messaging and what is resonating with the target audience.
- 2-3 years sales experience.
- 1 year cold calling experience and enjoys the challenge of breaking into accounts
- Self-motivated and driven. Looking for an opportunity where you can have an impact and grow with the company.
- Possess grit and determination.
- Ability to think on your feet.
- Proven ability to empathize with a target audience and a way of applying this empathy to form a connection and create opportunities.
- Not satisfied just doing a “good job” because you want to help build something.
- Understand that success in a startup requires embracing and conquering ambiguity.
- Experience with Outreach.io or similar tools is a plus.
Base Salary: $75,600 + Commission. Within our pay range, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications such as skills, experience, and education/training.
Other Cash Incentives: For many of our positions, other cash incentives are also available.
Stock Options: The opportunity for ownership is an exciting part of Amperity’s total compensation package. Every employee at Amperity receives a new-hire equity grant, commensurate with the scope of their position.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you'll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence. For more details on our benefits, please see our US Benefits & Perks Guide.
Amperity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and reproductive health choices), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as someone with a disability, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.