Lead Software Development Engineer
Amperity is more than just the leading customer data platform — THE PEOPLE bring energy, smarts, and experience from all different backgrounds, reflecting our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. THE TECHNOLOGY is multi-patented, AI-powered customer data management software that we invented to help solve problems that have been frustrating consumer brands for years. THE OPPORTUNITY is to hitch your career to a rocket ship. We're addressing a critical market need: helping hundreds of leading brands make sense of massive amounts of transactional and engagement data so that they can understand their customers and provide experiences that delight while boosting revenue and moving the business metrics that matter. Come help us make it happen!
- Ingest and understand large amounts of structured customer, product, and event data
- Create probabilistic knowledge graphs by training ML models to unify this data across different systems
- Take research algorithms and realize them in production for extremely high-scale usage
- Build visual experiences and toolset to help users visualize their data, understand their customers and surface the most impactful insights
- Integrate our system into the operating core of the businesses we serve
- Automate the management of thousands of VMs running data processing jobs
- You show deep technical judgment, expanding to the depths of your team's technology ownership. You impart this judgment on others and are sought for advice on all aspects of your team's product, process, and technology.
- You can guide architectural decisions on your team and across teams with an eye to high-level tradeoffs, and know when and how to explore novel approaches. You are a backstop for oncall issues on your team.
- 9+ years industry experience working in SaaS and distributed systems environments
- Experience working with large-scale data-oriented systems on a major cloud provider
- Passionate about building scalable infrastructure systems for both internal and external customers
- Excited about using functional languages (like Clojure!) in a production environment - Clojure or functional language experience isn't required
- You educate those outside your team on your team's technology and products. You mentor those on your team and contribute to their growth. You take opportunities to share your unique talents and interests across the whole engineering team in the form of tools, education, excellence in interviewing, onboarding, or leading various special interest groups
Technologies We Use
- Open source large-scale data engines such as Spark, Presto, and Kafka
- Front-end languages such as ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- Cloud-first automation including Terraform, SaltStack, and Kubernetes, deployed across many cloud platforms
- Random forests, logistic regression, and probabilistic databases
- Emacs AND vi!
Amperity has headquarters in Seattle and NYC. We are also currently hiring in CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX (Subject to change).
Base Salary: $180,000 - $270,000. This range reflects the good-faith hiring base salary range for this position. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications such as skills, experience, and education/training.
Stock Options: The opportunity for ownership is an exciting part of Amperity's total compensation package. Every employee at Amperity receives a new-hire equity grant, commensurate with the scope of their position.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you'll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence. For more details on our benefits, please see our US Benefits & Perks Guide.
Amperity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and reproductive health choices), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as someone with a disability, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.