Who We Are:
Crafty’s mission is to help companies craft better workplaces by providing the services and technology to deliver a modern, comprehensive food & beverage program for their employees, no matter where they work. After operating with a vertically integrated supply chain (i.e., directly fulfilling orders from Crafty-operated distribution centers) in Chicago and the Bay Area, our team launched a third party fulfillment model that has rapidly scaled our coverage into over 35 markets across 5 countries.
At Crafty, we have a diverse, high-powered team, composed of folks in technology, supply chain operations, field operations, sales, account management, and more. Our workplace is dynamic, fast-paced, and just plain fun, and we pride ourselves in having an amazing mix of humans who make up our team. Having grown over 20x in 2 years, Crafty is well-positioned to continue our recent successes!
As the Senior Accountant you will join an exceptional team building an agile and adaptive finance organization. We are a team that accelerates the growth of Crafty by supporting the business cross-functionally building streamlined financial operational solutions. We ensure financial reporting to internal users and third party stakeholders is timely and accurate.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, this individual must be a driver (not a passenger), with a strong focus on building and rebuilding systems. As our company continues to evolve and scale, our team will continue to develop new ways to consistently improve operations throughout the company.
This position will primarily focus on month-end close, but will also be responsible for other areas of accounting and cross-trained. They will own pieces of the following areas:
- Month End Close
- Prepare and analyze monthly consolidated financial statements
- Record journal entries for the monthly close process
- Prepare account reconciliations and analyze monthly movement
- Manage the fixed asset register via Asset Guru, which includes adding additions from NetSuite and recording monthly depreciation.
- Manage prepaid expense activity and record monthly amortization in NetSuite
- Manage monthly operating leases and amortization in accordance with ASC 842
- Help to establish and build close processes, including systems implementations, internal reporting development partnering with our data team, and key reconciliations - we are building, building, building!
- Sales Tax
- Monthly sales tax reconciliations between Crafty’s system and Avalara
- Preparation of monthly state sales tax return filings
- Preparation of international VAT/HST/GST sales tax filings
- Manage sales tax registration for new states, provinces and/or countries
- Client Contract System Setup
- Assisting with client contract setup in the Crafty system, which includes: Creating/editing client accounts, payment profiles, contracts, calculated fees, special menus, creating DP’s, recurring orders, orders for sales tax on free equipment, adding new clients to Tableau reports/sales compensation calculator/NetSuite/Ramp, adding account information to HubSpot, etc.
- Creating SOPs to support the system setup process
- Fielding ad-hoc requests from Client Success to edit to fees & accounts at month-end
- Accounts Payable
- Review Ramp expense system coding to ensure activity is uploaded correctly into NetSuite
- Assist with external audit requests (including compiling data, creating/finding/requesting reports, submitting data to auditors)
- Streamline accounting processes for increased efficiency and accuracy
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations, GAAP, and internal controls
- Implement and monitor accounting policies and procedures
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on financial matters and projects
- Cross-train in other areas of accounting to increase team effectiveness
Who You Are:
Candidates must have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills. Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Experience with month end close and other areas of account, as detailed above.
- A minimum of either: i) a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting plus 3 years relevant work experience (as detailed above) or ii) 5 years relevant work experience (as detailed above).
- Strong intellectual horsepower. Superior abstract reasoning and analytical skills. Creative thinker who finds innovative solutions to obstacles.
- Attention to detail and achieving a high level of accuracy in the work.
- Proficiency in Excel (including but not limited to pivot tables, standard formulas, v-lookups, index/match).
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
- A team team player with a collaborative attitude and desire to contribute outside primary areas of responsibility. Inspires and works well with others.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Articulates concepts in a clear, structured and succinct manner. Adjusts communication based on the audience.
- Results-driven with bias for action and commitment to excellence. Self-directed, rolls up the sleeves and engages in all activities with a sense of urgency. Gets it done on time, every time. Organized with good attention to detail.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment of constant change. Manages numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously. Positive, resilient and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives. Makes decisions.
What we offer:
Our people mean everything to us. When you join Crafty, you’re joining a team of passionate, smart hooligans who work incredibly hard and to get things done.
We are proud to offer a compensation package that includes our Crafty healthcare plan, covering primary health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, paid time off, equipment certification courses, and parental leave. And, of course, it also includes Crafty-grade snacks, beverages, and fun events!
Lastly, this role offers a special opportunity: to have a major hand in shaping the future of a young, flourishing company. Your creativity, ambition, and work will steer the direction of our successes.
Crafty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without discriminating against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
You are considered fully vaccinated:
- 14 days after your dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine
- 14 days after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series
- 14 days after you've received 2 doses of any "mix-and-match" combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are NOT considered fully vaccinated.