Client Operations Manager
Crafty is seeking a Client Operations Manager to deliver best-in-class experiences to clients in the Chicago market. This individual will be the primary point of contact for a defined list of clients, engaging directly with them to ensure their food & beverage and cafe programs are running the way they expect. This is a hybrid role based in Crafty’s Chicago HQ with an expected 20% in-market travel.
There are four main areas of responsibility for the position: client satisfaction, operational oversight, people management, and quality assurance.
- Maintain active relationship with client, supporting your direct reports’ day-to-day client communication around everything related to the onsite experience
- Support regular client meetings in tandem with our Client Success team and regular site visits
- Support your team in solving problems proactively for the client related to their food & beverage and cafe programs
- Manage and report out on location spend or performance to budgets
- Oversee on site programs including pantry merchandising, cafe execution, inventory management, and order placement
- Manage product selection and rotation either directly or with direct reports support
- Effectively communicate expectations and definition of success for on site teams through clear task lists as well as written and verbal communication
- Supervise completion of on site projects, such as new service or product rollouts
People Management & Quality Assurance
- Manage and support development of in-field coordinators and baristas
- Conduct quality assessments and provide recommendations for program improvement and staff retraining
- Triage quality issues and make real time adjustments and decisions to ensure client satisfaction
- Report quality or equipment issues to the appropriate team members and support onsite resolution
This individual will be measured on operational health and client satisfaction, retention, and growth.
Who we are:
Crafty’s mission is to help companies craft better workplaces by providing the services and technology to deliver a modern, comprehensive food & beverage program for their employees, no matter where they work. After operating with a vertically integrated supply chain (i.e., directly fulfilling orders from Crafty-operated distribution centers) in Chicago and the Bay Area, our team launched a third-party fulfillment model that has rapidly scaled our coverage into over 25 markets globally, in just a year’s time.
At Crafty, we have a diverse, high-powered team, comprised of folks in technology, supply chain operations, field operations, sales, account management, and more. Our workplace is dynamic, fast-paced, and just plain fun; we pride ourselves in having an amazing mix of humans who make up our team!
Who we are looking for:
Your experience (preferences, not requirements):
- 3 - 5 years in client services OR
- 3 - 5 years in retail or restaurant operations
- Barista or coffee operations/management experience
- 1 - 3 years people management
- Client-obsessed. You eat, sleep and dream about how you can deliver superior client service.
- A problem-solver: You’ve never met a challenge that you weren’t excited to tackle. You think creatively about how to approach challenges and develop solutions that improve client experience and operational effectiveness.
- Calm and collected in the line of fire. This is crucial in joining our field operations team. On a day where everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, you find a way to stay positive, and even better, make your positivity contagious.
- Extraordinarily organized. Detail-orientation is an absolute must. You have tried-and-true methods in your arsenal for staying organized and on top of it all.
- Extremely hard working. We are a startup with the mentality that no job is too big or too small for us. You hustle because that’s just how you work.
- Adaptable. You know that in the operations world, you could have all your careful plans derailed. You know how to stay motivated and adapt as the day goes on.
- Incredibly personable. Personality is everything, and you have to be a people person to succeed in this role - both face-to-face and in email correspondence.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
You are considered fully vaccinated:
- 14 days after your dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine
- 14 days after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series
- 14 days after you've received 2 doses of any "mix-and-match" combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are NOT considered fully vaccinated.
What we offer:
Our people mean everything to us. When you join Crafty, you’re joining a team of passionate, smart hooligans who work incredibly hard and know how to get things done. Building the structure to support our team as it continues to grow will have a tremendous impact in enabling our growth today and shaping the company that we become.
We are proud to offer a compensation package that includes an option to join our Crafty healthcare plan to cover health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, paid time off, equipment certification courses, and parental leave. And, it goes without saying, but snacks, beverages, and fun Crafty events are a part of that!
Crafty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without discriminating against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.