Fulfillment Manager (Bay Area)
Crafty is looking for a Fulfillment Manager to provide leadership and support for our Bay Area fulfillment operations. This position will lead our Bay Area market warehouse, delivery, and equipment & service operations. The main areas of responsibility are: people leadership, oversight of day to day operations, process improvement, and strategic planning. This position is based out of our Oakland, CA warehouse and is an on-site role.
People Leadership: You will be the direct manager of our supervisors and equipment service technicians. You will be responsible for the training, performance, and development of those individuals and their direct reports. This role will also be expected to create strong relationships with other key partners within the our organization to ensure strong communication and teamwork throughout the Bay Area market and beyond.
Daily Operations: The Fulfillment Manager will support our day to day operations to ensure work is completed safely, accurately, and efficiently. This includes the entire life cycle of the fulfillment process from receipt of product into our warehouse to the delivery and stocking at our client sites. The Fulfillment Manager will support our equipment service technicians by ensuring timely and thorough equipment maintenance is performed. This role will also be responsible for the management of our local delivery fleet as well as the budget for both warehouse, delivery, and equipment service operations. The Fulfillment Manager will also be responsible for the security, maintenance, and compliance of our warehouse space.
Process Improvement: As a rapidly growing company we will need the Fulfillment Manager to drive projects that result in improved processes. Some examples of areas of importance; fill rate, on time arrival, cost per unit, cost per delivery, client site operations execution, and client satisfaction. We are a data driven company and need someone that can dig in and produce measurable results.
Strategic Planning: As the market grows this role will be responsible for developing and executing on plans to continue to provide a first class experience for both our employees and clients. Team development, project management, and scaling efficiently & effectively are key for this position.
Who we are:
Crafty’s mission is to help companies craft better workplaces by providing the services and technology to deliver a modern, comprehensive food & beverage program for their employees, no matter where they work. After operating with a vertically integrated supply chain (i.e., directly fulfilling orders from Crafty-operated distribution centers) in Chicago and the Bay Area, our team launched a third party fulfillment model that has rapidly scaled our coverage into over 25 markets globally, in just a year’s time.
At Crafty, we have a diverse, high-powered team, comprised of folks in technology, supply chain operations, field operations, sales, account management, and more. Our workplace is dynamic, fast-paced, and just plain fun; we pride ourselves in having an amazing mix of humans who make up our team!
Who we are looking for:
Your experience (preferences, not requirements):
- 3+ years of relevant experience in warehousing, distribution, logistics, and/or supply chain operations
- Experience managing teams
- Experience in food and beverage distribution, with particular experience dealing with food at multiple temperature ranges (ambient, chilled, and frozen)
- Robust knowledge of operational best practices, with a proven track record for process improvement and efficiency gains
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Excel
- Strong communicator - both written and verbal
- A problem-solver: You’ve never met a challenge that you weren’t excited to tackle. You think creatively about how to approach challenges and develop solutions that drive significant business improvements.
- Calm and collected in the line of fire. This is crucial in joining our operations team. On a day where everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, you find a way to stay positive, and even better, make your positivity contagious
- Extraordinarily organized. Detail-orientation is an absolute must. You have tried-and-true methods in your arsenal for staying organized and on top of it all.
- In relentless pursuit of better practices and one who maintains a deeply held frustration with inefficiency.
- Extremely hard working. We are a startup with the mentality that no job is too big or too small for us. You hustle because that’s just how you work.
- Adaptable. You know that in the operations world, you could have all your careful plans derailed. You know how to stay motivated and adapt as the day goes on.
- Incredibly personable. Personality is everything, and you have to be a people person to succeed in this role - both face to face and in email correspondence.
- Empathetic. As a people manager, you care for those you manage. As someone who will work with various departments, you view all things with an empathetic lens.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
Compensation will be between $100,000 - $120,000 dependent on experience.
What we offer:
Our people mean everything to us. When you join Crafty, you’re joining a team of passionate, smart hooligans who work incredibly hard and know how to get things done. Building the structure to support our team as it continues to grow will have a tremendous impact in enabling our growth today and shaping the company that we become.
Our employees are joining our team, and we are proud to offer a compensation package that includes an option to join our Crafty healthcare plan to cover health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, paid time off, equipment certification courses, and parental leave. And, it goes without saying, but snacks, beverages, and fun Crafty events are a part of that!
Crafty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without discriminating against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.