Business Development Manager
Who We Are:
Crafty’s mission is to help companies craft better workplaces by providing the services and technology to deliver a modern, comprehensive food & beverage program for their employees, no matter where they work. After operating with a vertically integrated supply chain (i.e., directly fulfilling orders from Crafty-operated distribution centers) in Chicago and the Bay Area, our team launched a third party fulfillment model that has rapidly scaled our coverage into over 35 markets across 5 countries.
At Crafty, we have a diverse, high-powered team, comprised of folks in technology, supply chain operations, field operations, sales, account management, and more. Our workplace is dynamic, fast-paced, and just plain fun, and we pride ourselves in having an amazing mix of humans who make up our team!
Having grown over 20x in 2 years, Crafty is well-positioned to continue our recent successes!
The Business Development Manager (BDR Manager), reporting to the VP of Sales, will drive significant and sustained revenue growth through net new business acquisition. With a focus on training and development, you and your team will play a pivotal role in shaping the success of our outbound efforts to engage and attract B2B clients through cold emailing, cold calling, and social prospecting. Crafty currently has a team of three BDRs who will report directly to the BDR Manager, and we have plans in place to scale the team to greater heights.
The individuals in this role must be entrepreneurial, with a strong focus on building and rebuilding systems. As our product continues to evolve and scale, the BDR Manager will develop new ways to consistently bring more clients into the Crafty network.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Lead, mentor, and coach a team of BDRs to achieve and exceed cold outreach targets and performance metrics.
- Develop personalized training plans for each team member to improve their cold outreach skills, product knowledge, objection handling, and overall effectiveness.
Training Strategy and Curriculum:
- Develop a comprehensive training program that covers cold emailing, cold calling, and social prospecting techniques, aligned with the B2B sales cycle and target audience.
- Regularly update and adapt training materials to reflect the latest industry trends, best practices, and messaging strategies.
- Deliver engaging and informative training sessions to onboard new BDRs and refresh the skills of existing team members.
Performance Analysis and Coaching:
- Utilize data analytics to monitor individual and team performance, identifying areas for improvement and opportunities for optimization.
- Provide constructive feedback and one-on-one coaching to BDRs, focusing on skill development, objection handling, and communication techniques.
- Implement performance improvement plans for underperforming team members, ensuring they receive the support needed to succeed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing and Sales, to align BDR efforts with overall company goals and strategies.
- Continuously refine the outbound prospecting process based on insights gathered from the team's experiences and results.
Training Assessment and Continuous Learning:
- Conduct regular assessments and knowledge checks to measure the effectiveness of training programs, making adjustments as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices, sales methodologies, and emerging tools to enhance the BDR team's performance.
Reporting and Communication:
- Prepare regular reports on team performance, training effectiveness, and pipeline contribution, presenting findings to senior management.
- Foster clear and transparent communication within the BDR team, sharing success stories, challenges, and best practices.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of business development experience, preferably in large enterprise sales
- Experience building and operating enterprise account planning for both new and existing clients
- Proven experience in B2B cold outreach and sales, with at least 3 years of experience in a BDR or sales role
- Success navigating long, technical relationship-based sales cycles
- Experience in a pure hunting environment with a focus on net new clients
- Well versed in all aspects of sales cycles
- Demonstrated P&L experience and proven track record of consistently exceeding individual and team revenue, sales and/or other quantitative goals
- A “talent magnet” with a strong track record of successfully recruiting and developing salespersons and building high performing teams
- 2 years or more experience in team management, training, or coaching capacity.
- Excellent understanding of B2B sales cycles, prospecting strategies, and objection handling techniques.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data and metrics to drive informed decisions.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in CRM tools and sales enablement technologies.
- Self-driven, goal-oriented, and adaptable to a dynamic work environment.
- Microsoft Powerpoint / Google Slides
- Skill in consultative selling and relationship building, with a focus on data-driven sales
- Effective communication skills (oral, written, and presentation)
- Strategic and detail-oriented planner with strong ability to identify and follow-through on leads to create and close deals
- Strong intellectual horsepower. Superior abstract reasoning and analytical skills. Creative thinker who finds innovative solutions to obstacles.
- A team builder, team player and leader who creates loyalty, trust and following. Collaborative attitude and desire to contribute outside primary areas of responsibility. Inspires others and highly respected.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Articulates concepts in a clear, structured and succinct manner. Adjusts communication based on the audience.
- Results-driven with bias for action and commitment to excellence. Self-directed, rolls up the sleeves and engages in all activities with sense of urgency. Gets it done on time, every time. Organized with good attention to detail.
- Thrives in fast-paced environment of constant change. Manages numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously. Positive, resilient and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives. Makes decisions.
What we offer:
Our people mean everything to us. When you join Crafty, you’re joining a team of passionate, smart hooligans who work incredibly hard and to get things done.
We are proud to offer a compensation package that includes our Crafty healthcare plan, covering primary health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, paid time off, equipment certification courses, and parental leave. And, of course, it also includes Crafty-grade snacks, beverages, and fun events!
Lastly, this role offers a special opportunity: to have a major hand in shaping the future of a young, flourishing company. Your creativity, ambition, and work will steer the direction of our successes.
Crafty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without discriminating against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.