Revenue Operations Manager
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Craft is the Supplier Resilience company, leveraging the most trusted, transparent and comprehensive data foundation to enable businesses to build stronger supplier networks and resilient supply chains. With Craft, organizations have real-time, multi-tier visibility to DISCOVER and strengthen supplier networks, AI-driven prioritized insights to proactively PROTECT from disruptions, and collaborative workflow tools to have better business outcomes and GROW suppliers into strategic partners – together forging more invincible supply chains. Craft enables procurement and supply chain professionals to confidently protect from regulatory violations, unethical acts, and unforeseen disruption while fueling sustainability, resilience and growth.
Craft is based in San Francisco, CA and services commercial and government organizations globally. We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors including Greycroft, Uncork, High Alpha, ServiceNow Ventures, Sam Palmisano, Freddy Kerrest, but are not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. The Craft team is globally distributed with headquarters in San Francisco and an office in London. We have team members across North America, Canada, and Europe. We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about building delightful software to join our rapidly growing team!
A Note to Candidates:
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity, equity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, caste, or disability status.
About The Role
Craft is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Revenue Operations Manager to join our dynamic team + report directly to our VP of Worldwide Sales. This role is integral to our growth strategy, as you will be responsible for optimizing and aligning our revenue-generating processes. As the Revenue Operations Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring the seamless integration of sales, marketing, and customer success functions, leveraging data-driven insights to drive operational excellence.
What You'll Do
- Revenue Process Optimization: Evaluate, refine, and optimize end-to-end revenue processes for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Implement solutions to streamline workflows and improve collaboration between sales, marketing, and customer success teams.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Utilize advanced data analytics tools to gather, analyze, and interpret key performance metrics related to revenue generation. Generate regular reports and dashboards to provide actionable insights for informed decision-making.
- Technology Integration: Oversee the implementation and integration of revenue-related technologies, including CRM and marketing automation tools. Collaborate with the IT team to ensure seamless data flow and interoperability of systems.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Foster a collaborative environment by facilitating communication and alignment between sales, marketing, and customer success teams. Lead regular meetings and workshops to promote cross-functional understanding and cooperation.
- Forecasting and Planning: Develop and maintain accurate revenue forecasts based on historical performance, market trends, and business objectives. Collaborate with finance and executive teams to align revenue goals with overall company strategies.
- Culture Champion: Implement and embody a culture of continuous improvement, regularly identifying and implementing opportunities for enhancement.
Who You Are
- Experienced Professional: Proven experience in a revenue operations role within the B2B SaaS industry. Demonstrated success in driving process optimization and efficiency improvements.
- Analytical Mindset: Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Collaborative Communicator: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across diverse teams.
- Detail-Oriented: Meticulous attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in reporting, forecasting, and process execution.
- Strategic Thinker: Ability to think strategically and contribute to the development and execution of revenue growth strategies.
- Adaptable and Proactive: Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can proactively identify and address challenges.
- Technology Proficient: Familiarity with CRM and marketing automation tools; ability to quickly adapt to and leverage new technologies.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary starting at $150,000 USD/Year. This starting number can be increased based on levels of expertise, location, cost of living, taxes, market experience, etc.
- Equity at a well-funded, fast-growing startup
- Unlimited Vacation time so you can take what you need, when you need it
- 99% Covered Health + Dental + Vision insurance for employees and dependents
- 401K through Human Interest with options to invest how you want it
- $200 Monthly Wellness/Learning stipend (Gym memberships, meals, snacks, books, classes, conferences, etc.)
- $1,000 Workstation Allowance (standing desk, chair, monitor, etc)