Accounting & Finance
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Craft is the Supplier Resilience company, leveraging the most trusted, transparent and comprehensive data foundation to enable businesses to build stronger supplier networks and resilient supply chains. With Craft, organizations have real-time, multi-tier visibility to DISCOVER and strengthen supplier networks, AI-driven prioritized insights to proactively PROTECT from disruptions, and collaborative workflow tools to have better business outcomes and GROW suppliers into strategic partners – together forging more invincible supply chains. Craft enables procurement and supply chain professionals to confidently protect from regulatory violations, unethical acts, and unforeseen disruption while fueling sustainability, resilience and growth.
Craft is based in San Francisco, CA and services commercial and government organizations globally. We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors including Greycroft, Uncork, High Alpha, ServiceNow Ventures, Sam Palmisano, Freddy Kerrest, but are not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. The Craft team is globally distributed with headquarters in San Francisco and an office in London. We have team members across North America, Canada, and Europe. We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about building delightful software to join our rapidly growing team!
A Note to Candidates:
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity, equity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, caste, or disability status.
About the Role:
Craft is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant who will be instrumental in supporting our rapidly growing company. An ideal fit will be intellectually curious, self motivated, and unafraid of challenges.
What You'll Do:
- Perform general accounting duties, manage external support resources, and assist with month-end close
- Review monthly financial statements, and create monthly variance analysis reports
- Manage the sales invoicing, collections, and accounts receivable process
- Assist the GTM team with miscellaneous tasks such as RFP requests, government registrations, etc
- Respond to internal and external customer and vendor request as appropriate
- Input invoices into the accounts payable system, review employee expenses, and manage cash disbursements
- Prepare and process payroll using payroll software, and assist with payroll tax issues where needed
- Prepare monthly and quarter investor requests
- Assist with a variety of special projects requested by management
Who You Are:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related major or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of relevant accounting or finance experience, CPA preferred
- Strong analytical skills; ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail-oriented and demonstrates a “can-do” positive attitude.
- Self-starter with solid organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities or reprioritization of projects.
- Experience with accounting and reporting software (Quickbooks), and Excel
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary range starting at $100,000
- Equity at a well-funded, fast-growing startup
- Unlimited Vacation time so you can take what you need, when you need it
- Option to work 100% Remote or out of our San Francisco Office
- 99% Covered Health + Dental + Vision insurance for employees and dependents
- 12 weeks of fully paid leave for both birthing and non-birthing parents
- 401K through Human Interest with options to invest how you want it
- $200 Monthly Wellness/Learning stipend (Gym memberships, meals, snacks, books, classes, conferences, etc.)
- $1,000 Workstation Allowance (standing desk, chair, monitor, etc)
We want you to have a great interviewing experience and see this as a conversation. To help you prepare, the outline typically (but subject to change) looks like:
Recruiter interview (30 min) - call to discuss Craft, your background and answer questions
Hiring Manager interview (45 min) - A deeper dive into your background, the role and expectations
Executive interview (45 min) - call covering culture fit