Field & Partner Marketing Manager
Coast is a fast-growing series A fintech company reimagining payments and expense management technology for the nation's 500,00 commercial vehicle fleets. We are seeking a highly motivated marketing professional to join our high-performing team. As the first Field & Partner Marketing Manager, you will be vital in expanding our brand and generating pipeline in two of our best-performing channels. You’ll be tasked with cultivating and managing our vertical marketing, event strategy, and partner marketing while working cross-functionally with the Coast GTM leadership, sales, marketing and business development teams. Success in this position requires creativity, keen organizational skills, and an intrinsic drive to build and sustain meaningful relationships. If this resonates with you, we invite you to join us.
Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, focusing on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 10 million commercial vehicles, and 4 million commercial drivers. The incumbent technologies that cater to these customers are decades old, and drivers, fleets, and the merchants that serve them all increasingly demand modern digital experiences and affordable and transparent financial services products. Coast's mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale and to improve working lives in one of the country’s biggest industry sectors.
- Vertical marketing
- Develop vertical demand generation strategy, including a multi-channel marketing plan for 20+ events annually in partnership with the sales and marketing organizations.
- Coordinate all aspects of each event, including managing pre-show, post-show, and onsite activations, procuring supplies, and measuring ROI
- Establish and proactively manage the budget, being vigilant in tracking and evaluating results against goals and generating learnings for improvement.
- Develop a trade association strategy, including field marketing, content marketing, and digital activations.
- Source, manage, and optimize media buys with trade media publications.
Coast customers operate in: construction, transportation, telecom, specialty contracting, HVAC, plumbing, pest control, landscaping, etc.
- Partner Marketing
- Develop partner activation strategies and playbooks, including content, email, and field marketing initiatives
- Work with content marketing to develop and activate various campaigns throughout the engagement
- Partner with business development on partner communications, management, and reporting
- Own the affiliate marketing channel, develop new affiliates, and manage existing partners
- Coast partners include various gas, software, and fleet management brands.
- 3-5 years of experience in relevant marketing, event, or partner management roles
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience at early stage fast-paced startup or entrepreneurship experience
- Extremely resilient, turning challenges into opportunities
- Tech-savvy with the ability to quickly learn how to use various software vendors (Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.)
- Ability to make data-driven decisions
- Close attention to detail and adept project manager including the ability to juggle a high volume of events of varying scale
- Articulate and thoughtful communicator (verbal and written)
- The resourceful and solution-oriented mentality to think fast and handle unforeseen circumstances that inevitably arise with events
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits, signing bonus, and equity. Pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including scope and qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to other Coast employees. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at Coast to fall healthily within the range based on these factors.
- Salary range: $140,000 - $155,000 annually
- Signing bonus
- Equity grant: commensurate with level determined at the discretion of the company, with meaningful potential upside given the company’s early stage
- Benefits overview:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (vacation, personal well being, paid holidays)
- Paid parental leave
- $400 accessories allowance for home office setup to be spent on a keyboard, mouse, headphones, etc.
- Free lunch every Friday
Coast is founded and led by Daniel Simon, who previously cofounded Bread (breadpayments.com), a leading payments and credit technology firm backed by some of the world’s top VCs which was acquired for $500MM+ in 2020.
Coast recently raised $27.5M in a Series A financing co-led by Accel and Insight Partners. We're also backed by top fintech and mobility venture funds – including Better Tomorrow Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, BoxGroup, Foundation Capital, Greycroft, and Colle – and premier angel investors – including Max Levchin (Affirm), Josh Abramowitz (Bread), Jason Gardner (Marqeta), William Hockey (Plaid), Ryan Petersen (Flexport), and many others.
Coast is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building a diverse and inclusive environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.