ClosedLoop.ai is healthcare’s data science platform. Purpose-built and dedicated to healthcare, we make it easy for healthcare organizations (HCOs) to use AI to improve outcomes and reduce costs. Our platform combines an intuitive end-to-end machine learning platform with a comprehensive library of healthcare-specific features and model templates.
We are the leader in delivering unbiased accuracy and explainable AI healthcare solutions. Regardless of whether our customers have extensive data science teams or are just starting out, our products are engineered to help them harness the power of AI to improve patient outcomes, achieve clinical excellence, and enhance business success.
What sets us apart is our commitment and ability to deliver AI solutions at-scale in healthcare. We’re ready to help change the world. Are you? Come join us!
About the Team:
We believe that diverse teams are stronger teams. Working with people with different backgrounds and experiences will be crucial for our ability to build systems that drive unbiased outcomes.
We are 100% remote, and we strive to create a supportive team with a high degree of trust and accountability. We have zero tolerance for those that disrespect others.
Continuous improvement is part of our culture, and everyone is expected to look for ways to improve how we work as a team and as individuals.
About the Role
We are looking for a Software Architect to be the primary owner of the ClosedLoop software platform. You bring a wealth of experience from previous jobs while partnering closely with the CTO, VP Engineering, VP Product and the rest to set the product and technical direction and roadmaps. Additionally, you will help mentor and train up the engineering team today on best in class software and infrastructure practices. You’ll report to the VP of Engineering in this role. If you’re looking to contribute directly to the growth and success of our rapidly growing, young company, then this is the right place for you!
- Become the senior technical leader for the engineering team
- Bring and rollout best in class software development practices across the product and engineering organization including but not limited to: CI/CD, System Scalability and performance, Security mindset, Quality Architecture, Data Science quality controls
- Partner closely with Engineering, Product and Data Science leadership on technical and product roadmap over a multi year horizon
- Get hands on when necessary to build new features and products in our primarily Scala and Spark driven backend
- Drive deliverables with ownership of identifying risks, mitigating them and providing suggestions for alternative routes when appropriate
- Participate in code reviews and work as part of the team to make the whole group more efficient and productive.
- Investigate potential errors and alerts in our platform and address outages in a timely manner to support SLA requirements
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years in software development experience, most of which in an Architect or equivalent role.
- 3+ years of experience in Scala development
- 2+ years of experience in Python development
- Significant experience focused in dockerized and distributed computing architectures (e.g. Spark)
- Experience in partnering with Product, Engineering and G2M leadership teams on product roadmapping
- Experience in mentoring and building a sustainable engineering culture
- Experience in building secure by design system architecture
- Experience in bridging the gap between ML development practices and standard product development practices (bringing Data Science developed algorithms to production)
- Prior experience in healthcare or working with healthcare data.
- Full stack development experience
- Machine learning or data science experience
What employees are saying about ClosedLoop:
- "Exciting place to work! - Company has great vision for the role of machine learning (and AI) in healthcare. Exciting to go to work every morning!"
- "Work Hard and Feel Rewarded - The CEO and CTO have total faith in their team, and the employees ideas and opinions are highly respected and listen to. The passion for our company's mission is contagious from the executive team, which makes our high standards fair and rewarding."
- "Room to thrive"
- "Passionate People, Supportive Environment, & Strong Vision"
- Competitive salary
- 100% company covered for medical, dental, and vision for employees and their families