Sr. Software Engineer, MarkUp
🌎 Location: Remote within Europe
⬆ Reporting Into: Director, Engineering
At Ceros, we are artists and technologists, and our dual soul is our unique strength. We value and ignite creativity at every level, reimagining Ceros to lead in this new era. As we embark on the next chapter in our mission to unlock creativity, Ceros is not just evolving, but leading the charge in an AI-driven world, becoming the world’s premier provider of AI-powered creative solutions for the enterprise sector.
Our growing suite of cloud-based tools is specifically designed to empower professional creators, enabling them to push beyond their design boundaries and transform the way they collaborate with their teams.
Today, our products are powering some of the most engaging experiences on the web. In 2021 alone, interactive content created with Ceros Studio — from landing pages and pitch decks to interactive social media — were viewed more than half a billion times, and over 3 million comments have been added to digital content using MarkUp, our visual collaboration tool.
Working at Ceros means making an impact at scale. Our products and services are beloved by over 500,000 users and leveraged by leading brands including Mashable, Bloomberg, Red Bull, and Pinterest. And we're building something even bigger and better: the creative operating system of the future, viewed through an AI-first lens.
Ceros is backed and well-funded by top-tier investors including Sumeru Equity Partners, Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
We are remote-first forever with a 4½ day workweek that finishes every Friday at 1pm.
Designing and building the Ceros platform is not an easy task. We require the best-of-the-best Software Engineers, Designers, and QA testers, ready to bring the functionality of desktop software to the web, often pushing web browsers to the limits of what’s currently possible.
As part of the Ceros product team, you’ll be working with a small, cross-functional group of the most talented people you’ve ever worked with. We hire only passionate and creative people with a proven and unquestionable ability to execute, and every member of the team is equally responsible for moving the product forward.
We have a dynamic company culture that collaborates daily. We care deeply about the user experience, and we debate passionately about our ideas. When you work at Ceros, you check your ego at the door, and you aren’t afraid to be honest, especially to yourself. We take our jobs seriously but ourselves not so much -- whether it’s cracking jokes in the chat room or poking fun at the CEO’s atrocious spelling.
Practical stuff we anticipate you having
- Writing maintainable code (probably goes without saying)
- Planning and leading high-complexity stories and epics
- Writing unit, functional and e2e tests
- Reviewing story plans and offering insights on impacts to other parts of the application
- Having your day ruined by functional QA testers who find every bug you write
- Carrying out and being on the receiving end of intense code review sessions from your peers who hold your work (and their own) at the highest of standards
- Agonizing over the user experience until even a trained monkey could use the product
- Participating as a primary on-call resource for service disruptions
- Suggesting new technologies and techniques to improve engineer productivity
- Collaborating with and mentoring your peers on security best practices
- And finally, deploying your code to production and seeing the customer create something amazing and beautiful with it
Key Things to Know
- This is a full-time position
- This is a remote-first role
- This role will work within a European timezone, but will require some flexibility
📈 Stock options
🏥 Private Medical Insurance*
🌴 Unlimited vacation days
🤒 Paid Sick days
🧘 Half-day "Wellness Fridays"
💻 Excellent gear (Macbook Air, external monitor, etc.)
💵 Stipend for the home office setup
🎓 Growth and Learning opportunities within the company
👩💻👨💻 Virtual experiences in which Cerosians can collaborate, educate, and create social connections with one another
*Varies based on location
At Ceros, we are deeply committed to the recruitment, retention, and growth of diverse talent; uniting people from unique backgrounds in our shared passion for unlocking creativity through technology.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.