Sr. Backend Engineer
🌎 Location: Remote within Europe
⬆ Reporting Into: Lead Software Engineer
Join us as Ceros embarks on the next chapter in our mission to unlock creativity. Ceros is evolving into an essential resource and destination for professional creatives the world over. Our growing suite of cloud-based tools empower professional creators to push beyond their design boundaries and even transform the way they collaborate with their teams.
Today, our products power some of the most engaging experiences on the web. In 2021 alone, interactive content created with Ceros Studio — from landing pages and pitch decks to interactive social media — has been viewed more than half a billion times. In the meantime, more than 3 million comments have been added to digital content using Markup, our new visual collaboration tool.
Working at Ceros means having an impact at scale. Our products and services are leveraged by top-tier brands such as Mashable, Bloomberg, Red Bull or Pinterest and are loved by more than 500,000 users. And we are building something even bigger and better: the creative operating system of the future.
We are backed up and well-funded by top-tier investors including Sumeru Equity Partners, Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
We are remote-first forever with a 4½ day workweek that finishes every Friday at 1pm.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior or Staff Backend Engineer to join our dynamic and growing team, working on our revolutionary product, Gemma. Gemma is an AI creative assistant to empowers users to be more creative and helps with tasks such as generating ideas, imagery, and content while interacting with other tools in the Ceros suite.
Our current tech stack is:
- Frontend: TypeScript, React.js
- Backend: Python, Temporal
- Storage: Postgres, Redis, S3
- Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Cloudflare, Serverless - Lambda
- Develop scalable and performant applications.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit-tested and code-reviewed.
- Stay updated on the latest advancements in AI technology and integrate them into Gemma to improve its functionality.
- Research and develop POCs for new Gemma features.
- Actively work on bug fixing, improving application performance, and preserving application quality.
- Ensure availability and reliability in our production environments.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
- Improve monitoring, security, and performance.
Practical stuff we anticipate you having
- 7+ years of experience building applications
- Strong Python knowledge and experience.
- Familiarity with Postgres, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with AI technologies, specifically in the area of prompt engineering, can set you apart from other candidates.
- Good level of English (verbal and written).
- Understanding of modern software architecture e.g. microservices, CD,
- Knowledge of Open API.
- Good understanding of SQL.
- Experience with frontend technologies such as React is a plus.
What we’re looking for from the heart
- A person who has a keen eye for detail
- A person who enjoys building new things
- A person who has a systemic mindset
Key Things to Know
- This is a full-time position
- This is a remote-first role
- This role will work within a European timezone
📈 Stock options
🏥 Private Medical Insurance*
🌴 Unlimited vacation days
🤒 Paid Sick days
🧘 Half-day "Wellness Fridays"
💻 Excellent gear (Macbook Air, external monitor, etc.)
💵 Stipend for the home office setup
🎓 Growth and Learning opportunities within the company
👩💻👨💻 Virtual experiences in which Cerosians can collaborate, educate, and create social connections with one another
*Varies based on location
At Ceros, we are deeply committed to the recruitment, retention, and growth of diverse talent; uniting people from unique backgrounds in our shared passion for unlocking creativity through technology.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.