Software Engineer (Full Stack)
We’re fixing the retirement savings system - come join us.
We’re on a mission to make saving for retirement easy. Our first product helps people digitally locate their old 401k accounts and consolidate them into a new account at any financial institution - without the paperwork, phone calls, and faxes of the past. We believe all Americans should retire with enough money for a life of dignity. Over time, we intend to eliminate all of the friction & fees embedded in the retirement savings system that stops them from doing so - and we’re not stopping there.
We’ve raised capital from leading venture investors including Canapi Ventures, Greycroft, RRE, Bling Capital, and Walkabout Ventures. We're a 35-person company based in New York City.
What You'll Do:
As a Software Engineer at Capitalize, your work will be instrumental in our efforts to help more people gain control of their retirement savings. We’re looking for someone with full stack experience (with a preference towards front end technologies) to join us in building both web applications and backend processes. If you have had a focus on growth-oriented product development and marketing initiatives, we would love to chat with you!
In your day-to-day, you will create meaningful product functionality, execute on testing new ideas, handle development on new product initiatives, design and build APIs, touch data processes, and enhance other internal functions that drive our business forward and enable us on our mission. We are a small, fast-paced team, and collaborate frequently on what is created (from Figma to deployment), and ownership is a key driving factor for our engineers.
If you have experience in early-stage startups, thrive in cross-functional environments, and enjoy working on initiatives that people interact with daily, we’d love to hear from you!
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Core exposure to front end technologies (React, Angular, etc) and backend technologies (Java, C#, Ruby, etc), with the ability to ship features across the stack
- Knowledge of relational databases and/or NoSQL databases
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch, and troubleshooting best practices
- Effective independent contribution, with a sense of ownership for creating great features, and a desire to work in “green-field,” brand new initiatives
- Experience working on products with rapid feature development, including fast iterations and tight feedback loops during QA processes
- Desire to take on growth-oriented initiatives outside of core feature work
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
Bonus Points For:
- CSS and design across various frameworks (Tailwind, Material, etc)
- Metrics-tracking platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Heap)
- Content distribution platforms (e.g. Wordpress, PHP)
- Devops or cloud development
Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive compensation (annual salary of $120,000-$135,000) and equity in the company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, with 100% premium covered for staff and 50% for dependents
- 401k plan access
- Unlimited paid time off
- 12 weeks of fully-paid parental leave
- Access to a dog-friendly office space in NYC
- Maven, One Medical and Teladoc memberships
- ClassPass fitness perk
We’re a mission-driven company focused on doing what’s right - for our customers and for our team. That means assembling a group of diverse, hardworking people who want to be their best in a setting that’s open and inclusive for all. We’re committed to diversity in both measurable terms (e.g. gender, race) and across other dimensions like skill sets and experiences. We believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive company enriches our professional and personal lives. If that speaks to you, we want to meet you. Come help us build!