Sales Development Representative - Houston, TX
On our team, you’ll help make oral health more affordable and accessible than ever before. We believe a life of candid self-expression is a rich life. And our clear aligner therapy helps people across the country straighten their smiles, grow their confidence, and live as their truest selves.
If you're ready to sharpen your skills, have a huge impact, and help solve healthcare, join us.
Prospecting and Outreach
- Conduct physical cold calls on a targeted list of prospects to introduce our clear aligner solutions and create initial interest
- Employ a consultative approach to educate prospects on the benefits of our products, addressing their questions and concerns effectively
- Utilize persuasive communication skills to capture the attention and interest of potential clients
- Act as the first point of contact for prospects, engaging in meaningful conversations to identify their dental needs and challenges
- Assess prospect suitability by evaluating their alignment with our target customer profile and identifying potential pain points our product can address
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of interactions and prospect information in our CRM system
- Collaborate with Account Executives to schedule and coordinate engaging Lunch and Learn sessions for qualified prospects
- Effectively communicate the value proposition of our clear aligner solution and the benefits of holding a Lunch-and-Learn session
- Ensure a seamless handoff of qualified prospects to Account Executives, providing them with comprehensive insights gathered during the qualification stage
- Establish and nurture strong relationships with prospects, showcasing a deep understanding of their unique needs and objectives
- Continuously follow up with prospects to maintain engagement and address any additional questions or concerns
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitor offerings, and market developments to contribute insights to the sales strategy
- Provide feedback to the marketing and product teams based on direct prospect interactions, helping to refine our messaging and offerings
- Proven track record in sales, business development, or a related field, preferably in the dental or medical industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to connect with diverse audiences and build rapport
- Self-motivated and target-driven, with the ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with CRM software and sales tools
- Willingness to travel for in-person meetings with prospects
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is preferred
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Candid’s success
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Work from home stipend
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision) and generous parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
- Care Deeply - We succeed when we care about what we do. We go the extra mile for our patients, our partners, and for each other because what we do matters, and the care we put into it matters even more.
- Drive Results - Results matter. From closing a tooth gap to opening a new account—we set clear intentions, align around measurable goals, and take accountability for the outcomes.
- Commit to Growth - To change the face of oral health care, we have to keep growing—as individuals, as teams, and as a company. We approach problems with a beginner’s mindset and continuously pursue improvement.
- Embrace Candor - To create the environment we want to be a part of, we have to stay aligned—that means elevating each other and our partners through honest, respectful feedback, and fostering a culture of inquiry and debate.
- Work as One - Together, we have the ability, experience, and intuition to serve our partners and grow our business. When we work as a team, we draw on each other’s strengths, inspire new solutions, and share in our success.
Our patients and colleagues come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment and hire great talent that is equally diverse; not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but it makes our company, our products, and our culture that much better. If you share our values and passion, apply and see what we’re all about.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.