On our team, you’ll help make oral health more affordable and accessible than ever before. We believe a life of candid self-expression is a rich life. And our clear aligner therapy helps people across the country straighten their smiles, grow their confidence, and live as their truest selves.
If you're ready to sharpen your skills, have a huge impact, and help solve healthcare, join us.
- Lead and develop a team of 9 accounting professionals, ensuring their growth and development while fostering a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement
- Oversee all aspects of accounting, including general ledger management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and tax compliance
- Develop and maintain a strong internal control environment to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting in compliance with US GAAP and company policies
- Collaborate with senior management to provide financial expertise and support in key decision-making processes
- Manage relationships with external partners, such as banks, auditors, consultants, and tax advisors
- Monitor and analyze cash flow to support business operations and growth
- Continuously identify opportunities for cost savings, process improvements, and accounting efficiency, including optimizing the current accounting tech stack and owning the integrations with NetSuite
- Communicate financial results and insights to stakeholders, including the executive team and board of directors
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, including tax laws and industry-specific requirements
- 10+ years of work experience with at least 4 years in managerial roles (combination of public accounting with private experience at a fast growing B2B company is preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA certification are required
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, financial reporting, and tax regulations
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability combined with communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional leadership and team-building skills with a proven track record of developing high-performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, adapt to multiple demands and shifting/competing priorities and deliver high quality work under time constraints in a high-paced start-up environment
- Experience with accounting software, specifically NetSuite, and advanced Excel skills are prerequisites for this role. Familiarity with ADP, Bill, Carta, and Sigma is a plus.
- Experience in revenue, inventory, and cost of goods sold (COGS) within a company that manufactures its own goods is a big plus
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Candid’s success
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Work from home stipend
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision) and generous parental leave
- Wellness Perks (KindBody, Classpass, OneMedical etc)
- Commuter benefits if you’re in NY and work from the office when we re-open and Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
Our range for this role is $180,000 - $200,000. Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other perks. To determine our range, we consider as many of the following data points as are available to us: external market salary survey data, experience level, skillset and balancing internal equity relative to our other employees. We include equity in our compensation packages because we believe our employees should have an option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from what we hope will be a lot of upside growth. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at Candid to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors.
- Care Deeply - We succeed when we care about what we do. We go the extra mile for our patients, our partners, and for each other because what we do matters, and the care we put into it matters even more.
- Drive Results - Results matter. From closing a tooth gap to opening a new account—we set clear intentions, align around measurable goals, and take accountability for the outcomes.
- Commit to Growth - To change the face of oral health care, we have to keep growing—as individuals, as teams, and as a company. We approach problems with a beginner’s mindset and continuously pursue improvement.
- Embrace Candor - To create the environment we want to be a part of, we have to stay aligned—that means elevating each other and our partners through honest, respectful feedback, and fostering a culture of inquiry and debate.
- Work as One - Together, we have the ability, experience, and intuition to serve our partners and grow our business. When we work as a team, we draw on each other’s strengths, inspire new solutions, and share in our success.
Our patients and colleagues come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment and hire great talent that is equally diverse; not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but it makes our company, our products, and our culture that much better. If you share our values and passion, apply and see what we’re all about.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.
Something looks off?