Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst
Brightflow AI is making cash management and forecasting accessible to the everyday business owner. Founded in Fall 2019, with the goal of democratizing finance, our rapidly growing and well-funded startup is in need of exceptional engineers to join us as we climb to the next level.
About the Role
You’ll be instrumental in a small and fast pace engineering team and take ownership of your work in data experimentation and bespoke data analytics area. On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Spearhead prototyping of quantitative driven product experiment with the data accrued on our data platform
- Create bespoke data analytic dashboard for internal teams and/or external clients
- Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data
- Use graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data
- Structure large data sets to find usable information
- Setup and enhance brightflow.ai’s data experimentation and analytic stack
Why you’ll love working here
First, working on interesting problems in a place for growth: Given the volatility of the market, our tool is addressing the pain point of small business owners. We are positioned to grow. The team is currently small and expanding, you can be influential.
Secondly, be with a great culture and great people: trust and psychological safety are high - you can expect to be challenged and given a place to do great work. Our culture fosters transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy.
The team is experienced and knowledgeable, strong finance experience (including Capital One, VC firms) and engineering backgrounds at multiple early-stage startups, and previous experience as founder and CEO of a YC startup.
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics, familiar with statistics and data science methods
- Significant experience using Python, Pandas and Jupyter Notebooks, SQL, Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker Studio, PowerBI, Hex)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with focus on concise and effective communication
- Resourceful, flexible and can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing, etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- Customer (internal and external) oriented, can flex between different aspects of this job with ease
Beneficial but not required:
- Experience with AWS Ecosystem including Glue, Athena and S3
- Experience with machine learning, Interest in emerging technologies such as Large Language Models
- Financial or accounting experience
- General understanding of the e-commerce business model and drivers of financial viability
Salary: $131,000-$156,000 DOE. Range provided is for candidates residing in the San Francisco Bay Area. Salary ranges are geo-location dependent and may shift for candidates residing in other states and cities.
About Our Team
We’ve learned from firsthand experience that the most effective teams are composed of highly diverse individuals from all walks of life. It’s in those pivotal moments in challenging situations that we’ve been consistently surprised by the ingenuity and unexpected skills our teammates bring to the table. At Brightflow AI, we all play a key role and encourage crossover into all areas of the business that interest you. This is a set of values that lies at our very core as individuals. If you share the same desire for a warm, welcoming environment surrounded by awesome, talented people, we encourage you to apply! We’re constantly learning and doing what we can to support and assist each other in growing both personally and professionally.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin/ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability status, marital status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
About Brightflow AI
Brightflow AI is honored to be featured on the inaugural 2022 SMBTech 50 List recognizing "the growth and potential of startups that serve small and medium-sized businesses," as announced by GGV Capital, Crunchbase, and Nasdaq.
Even companies that are growing revenue, surpassing sales goals, and expanding rapidly may be at risk of their cash running out. That’s where we come in. Brightflow AI gives companies the data they need to make timely and data-driven decisions about cash flow, growth opportunities, inventory, and more. We serve as their finance team to enable their continued growth and allow them to remain focused on delighting their customers.
We’ve experienced firsthand the pain and difficulty in accessing good financial data–it’s this need that drove the creation of Brightflow AI. To date, we’ve raised capital, built the software, served our initial customer base, and begun iterating on every step of the process, from forecasting to financing. We’re proud to create solutions that help level the financial playing field for businesses of all sizes and financial situations.
Our team members have backgrounds that include previous VC-backed startups (as founders, managers, and first engineers), established tech companies, private-equity and venture finance, banking, and running our own software companies. We live and work in a mix of countries and speak numerous languages; yet, we have a common interest in understanding our customers’ needs and delivering solutions that solve real problems.
We provide a high degree of ownership and autonomy in an inclusive, supportive culture. We encourage a growth mindset and foster transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy. Read more about our values at https://bit.ly/brightflow-values, then join us in our mission to simplify our customers’ finances and help them succeed. Apply now.