Radiologic Technologist (AssociatesMD)
Our mission is to make healthcare right. Together. We are a value-driven healthcare company committed to providing personalized care to aging and underserved populations. We do this by aligning stakeholders across the healthcare ecosystem. Together, we can improve consumer experience, optimize clinical outcomes, and reduce total cost of care.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for operating X-ray equipment that assists physicians with diagnosing and/or treating disease and/or injury.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures.
- Protects patient, self, and other staff from radiation hazards.
- Takes X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, which involves setting up and operating radiographic equipment used in the medical diagnosis and/or treatment of patients and includes implementing infection control procedures for the work area.
- Positions patients and takes X-rays of specific parts of the patient’s body as requested by physicians.
- Completes daily log and forwards to radiologist for reading. Copies X-rays discs upon patient/physician request.
- Maintains required records including patient records and daily log books.
- Performs quantity and quality control checks to assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and departmental policies.
- Complies with safety standards. Cleans, maintains, and makes minor adjustments to radiographic equipment, including determining equipment repairs. Maintains radiographic supplies, film, and orders as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Technician will function as a medical assistant when required by assigned practice.
- Associate’s degree in radiological technology from accredited X-ray technician program.
- Current state X-Ray Technology certificate or license.
Experience: One to three years of experience as X-ray technician, preferably in medical practice environment.
Other Requirements: American Registry of Radiologic Technologist registration preferred.
Knowledge of X-ray procedures and protocols. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology necessary to perform X-ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement. Knowledge of radiology equipment including safety hazards common to radiology.
Skill in identifying equipment problems and correcting or notifying supervisor. Skill in following infection control and radiological safety procedures.
- Ability to lift and position patients for the type of X-ray procedure required.
- Ability to notice detail in drawings and differences in shapes and shadings.
- Ability to read and write instructions, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees.
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Office.
Equipment Operated: Radiological equipment used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
Work Environment: Radiological unit.
Physical Requirements: Must possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with an X-Ray Technician such as standing eight to twelve hours per day. Involves some bending, stooping, squatting, reaching above the shoulders, twisting, turning, kneeling, and pushing, and pulling. Heavy lifting 75+ lbs. required to move equipment and transfer patients. Occasional stress when working with anxious patients.