MRA Coder (AssociatesMD)
Our mission is to make healthcare right. Together. We are a value-driven healthcare company committed to providing personalized care to aging and underserved populations. We do this by aligning stakeholders across the healthcare ecosystem. Together, we can improve consumer experience, optimize clinical outcomes, and reduce total cost of care.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
As an MRA Coder, you will play a vital role in ensuring accurate and complete medical documentation coding for Medicare Risk Adjustment (MRA) purposes. Your primary responsibility will be reviewing medical records, extracting relevant information, and assigning appropriate diagnosis codes following established guidelines. Your coding expertise will directly impact the accuracy of risk adjustment data, which is crucial for proper reimbursement and quality reporting. Attention to detail, proficiency in coding systems, and adherence to compliance regulations are essential for success in this role.
- Review and analyze medical records to identify diagnoses, procedures, and relevant clinical information necessary for MRA coding.
- Complete pre and post reviews of progress notes, populate information in Excel spreadsheet and provide feedback to physician regarding the documentation and coding guidelines.
- Assign appropriate ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to accurately reflect the patient's medical conditions and ensure compliance with coding guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure that coding is consistent with the clinical documentation and accurately reflects the severity of illness and risk of the patient.
- Collaborate with physicians, clinicians, and other healthcare professionals to clarify documentation and gather additional information, when necessary, to ensure accurate coding.
- Utilize electronic health record (EHR) systems and coding software to facilitate the coding process and maintain accurate records.
- Stay updated with the latest coding guidelines, regulations, and industry best practices to ensure compliance and accuracy in coding assignments.
- Assist in the development and implementation of coding policies and procedures to optimize coding efficiency and accuracy.
- Conduct periodic quality audits to assess the accuracy and completeness of coded data, identifying areas for improvement and providing feedback to coding team members, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent; and Coding certification through AHIMA / AAPC REQUIRED (CRC Preferred)
- At least 3 years of working in Medicare Risk Adjustment.
- Live in Miami, Broward, or Palm Beach County. (HYBRID POSITION)
- Excel experience
- Proven experience in medical coding, specifically in risk adjustment coding and comprehensive review.
- Proficient knowledge of ICD-10-CM coding guidelines and familiarity with Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCCs) and Risk Adjustment Factor (RAF) scoring methodologies.
- Strong understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology.
- Proficiency in using coding software and electronic health record (EHR) systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in coding assignments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently manage time to meet coding deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with healthcare professionals and coding team members.
- Knowledge of healthcare compliance regulations, including HIPAA and CMS guidelines.
- Ability to adapt to changing coding guidelines and stay updated with industry changes and best practices.