Senior Manager, Cloud Infrastructure
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
As the Senior Manager of the Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for leading a talented group of engineers to ensure the highest levels of reliability, security, performance, and availability of our Cloud Infrastructure. You will act as the point person for initiatives across the organization by managing and hiring for Infrastructure, Cloud Engineering, Networking, Service Reliability Engineering Services, and Operations teams, building roadmaps and setting priority, managing work and tickets, evaluating spend in Azure, assisting team members in removing roadblocks as they come up, and periodically providing senior management with an overview of performance and initiatives.
The Senior Manager, Infrastructure job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Led, mentored, and coach a team of Engineers managing cloud infrastructure, networking, and service reliability solutions. Promote career development and manage the performance of the team
- Define the Cloud Infrastructure strategy and 3-year roadmap ensuring programs are defined and executed. Gain alignment with senior leadership and key stakeholders. Ensure roadmaps for infrastructure are maintained with timelines, impacts, and dependencies communicated
- Set Azure architectural standards for our environment, design automation for Azure infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code), work closely with our technology partners to design best-in-class Azure system implementations and ensure adherence to SOC2 compliance
- Tier 1, 2, and 3 support for company-wide applications, infrastructure systems, and services. Including but not limited to Barracuda firewall, Windows Servers, WAF Analytics tools, Azure AD, AVD, Zscaler, Terraform, faxing, and file server/storage
- Oversee and manage production systems including backups, performance tuning, fault resolution, capacity planning, & root cause analysis across multiple sites, platforms & operating systems. Coordinate & execute after-hours maintenance activities
- Partner with security and application teams to ensure infrastructure is secure and meets the business needs
- Establish industry best practices that are right-sized for the Bright organization to manage risk, meet business needs, and deliver services and solutions successfully
- Create a high degree of satisfaction and efficiency in the developer experience; ensure that levels of automation, innovation, training, and feedback serve the needs of the developers.
- Define SLAs for infrastructure and operations and ensure adherence to defined metrics
- Ensure disaster recovery plans are in place, updated as needed due to business, environmental, or regulatory changes, and are exercised as defined.
- The position has supervisory responsibility for the Cloud Infrastructure team.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of experience implementing and managing large-scale cloud and/or on-premise infrastructures
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of Cloud Engineers and Software Engineers required
- 5+ years of experience with Azure or Azure Solutions
- 5+ years of experience with Windows Server management and support required
- 5+ years of experience with mergers & acquisitions, including migration and integration of disparate systems
- 4+ years of experience with RBAC/IAM and Azure Active Directory. SSO experience is a plus
- 3+ years of experience supporting custom software development, including experience in driving SDLC and CI/CD efficiencies.
- Strong experience with scripting (Powershell, Perl, Python, etc)
- Experience with SOC2 and HIPAA compliance programs
- Good understanding of ARM Templates and/or Terraform
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and manage technical projects, including identification of project scope, requirements, deliverables, and coordination of project design and implementation activities
- Ability to manage team members to help resolve issues
- Strong mentoring abilities
- Creative thinker and passionate about innovating and pushing the engineering teams forward
- Team player and an adept problem solver
- Demonstrates effective listening and concise, clear verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization, and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture
- Effectively influences IT senior leaders and business leaders on industry trends and emerging technologies
- Challenge the status quo in support of the technology direction
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Project Management (PMP), Governance & Service Management (ITIL, COBIT), Enterprise Architecture (TOGAF), MCSE, or VCP certifications a plus (MCSE/VCP/VCAP/CCNA/CCNP, etc.)
- This is a remote position. Some travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.
Something looks off?