Senior Accountant II - SEC Reporting & Corporate Accounting
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Bright Health is seeking a Senior Accountant, SEC Reporting & Corporate Accounting, to join the team. This is a critical role for the company that’s primary responsibility is performing external financial and SEC reporting, equity accounting, and technical accounting support. The position will report to the Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting and will partner closely with accounting, investor relations, FP&A, legal, and other key areas. The Senior Accountant will lead many of the compilation efforts associated with external reporting.
The Senior Accountant II, SEC Reporting & Corporate Accounting job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Maintain the process around all facets of SEC reporting, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and Proxy filings, along with related XBRL requirements, as well as identify opportunities to enhance our current processes.
- Lead the compilation and analysis of financial and non-financial information underlying the financial statements, footnotes, MD&A, and supporting schedules. Coordinate preparation of non-financial portions of Forms 10-Q/K with legal, operations, investor relations, FP&A, and other departments.
- Prepare the financial sections of the quarterly earnings release and assist in preparing for quarterly calls with third-party analysts.
- Review the monthly consolidated financial statements and ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong internal controls over financial reporting.
- Collaborate with the controllership team and act as a liaison with external auditors for annual financial statement audits and interim reviews.
- Stay current on technical accounting matters and consider implications to financial reporting, internal control processes, and company accounting policies.
- Assist with research on technical accounting topics, including preparing accounting position memos and implementing new accounting standards.
- Focus on continuous improvement initiatives to improve external reporting processes' efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Perform equity accounting including stock-based compensation expense, grant valuations, and account reconciliations.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field required
- Minimum four (4) years of professional experience required
- Minimum two (2) years of SEC reporting or technical accounting experience strongly preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of public accounting experience auditing public companies preferred
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, SEC, ASC/FASB, and technical accounting pronouncements
- Experience communicating issues and results with all levels within an organization
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with proven ability to present and explain complex information to diverse audiences
- Strong financial reporting control acumen, at a SOX 404 standard
- Experience evaluating new or emerging trends and transferring knowledge to key stakeholders
- Robust organization and prioritization skills, with the ability to reprioritize and respond to urgent management requests
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- An active, unrestricted CPA license is preferred.
- The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
This is a hybrid position with 2-3 days per week based out of our office location in Bloomington, MN
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.
Something looks off?