Director - Data Governance and Oversight
Every career journey is personal. That's why we empower you with the tools and support to create your own success story.
Be challenged. Be heard. Be valued. Be you ... be here.
Job SummaryThe Director, Data Governance and Oversight is responsible for overseeing the global development, implementation and maintenance of data quality and management across Bread Financial, in alignment with established risk management framework, policies and regulatory requirements. This role defines and implements the oversight and monitoring of Data Governance, Data Management and Data Quality. As the 2nd Line of Defense leader, this role and it’s reports are responsible for the oversight and execution of the Data Risk strategy function. This role is a lead on ensuring regulatory compliance for Data Governance. Additionally, this role provides confidential assessments on Data Quality and Data Management and is responsible for leading and directing Data Risk Advisors.
Essential Job Functions:
Delivery - Responsible for understanding and promoting Data Governance, Data Management and Data Quality Risk awareness for Bread Financial and its affiliated entities, including our banks. Design and implement global assessment and assurance strategies that are based on data integrity, and auditability. Facilitate and coordinate data risk assessments and benchmarking for data governance and strategy. Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of technology trends, data protection, and business strategy. Strengthen the data ecosystem and data governance through a close working relationship with senior leadership. Possess a deep understanding of the data strategy, use expertise through participation in advisory requests and lead with innovative thought leadership on emerging data risks and issues.
Strategy - Develop Data Risk Strategy annually and drive the roadmap of risk assessments to continually measure progress. Manage the Data Risk Assessment Program and assure Data issues adhere to the ERO framework. Ensure data strategy is in alignment with appropriate data management practices for a Bank. Benchmark business units to a common Data Risk register to assure quality and consistency globally. Provide confidential reports to the senior leadership.
Collaboration - Coordinate Data risk management across the enterprise and facilitate creation and communication of new or updated data management plans, including the policy documentation. Collaborate with Lines of Business Data Governance leadership to both understand needs, practices and expectations, as well as negotiate solutions that support Data risk management goals. Provide subject matter expertise in and oversight of the design and execution of Data reviews and testing. Function as an ambassador to senior leadership and provide guidance on prioritization for successful risk outcomes to improve quality and meet regulatory compliance.
Senior Director, BSA/AML Fraud and Data Oversight
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Normal office environment with hybrid work from home flexibility. As a senior leader, must work at a Bread Financial office at least 6 days per month.
- 25% travel, with the ability to travel 6 days a month if not located near a Bread Financial office.
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, data science, data analytics, computer science or related field of study.
- 10+ years of experience working in Enterprise Risk Management, Technology Risk, Control Management/Assessments or Technology Audit.
- Experience with statistical data analysis and data quality concepts to support business outcomes.
- Must work from a Bread Financial office at least 6 days a month. Travel is required because of this, if needed.
- Master’s degree in information technology, management information systems, engineering, data science, management information systems, computer science or related field of study.
- Certification(s): ERM professional certifications, e.g. CERP(Certified Enterprise Risk Professional).
- Experience in implementing Enterprise Risk Management Framework in Data Management in banking or a regulated industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical and communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced professional writing skills.
- High level of critical thinking, time management skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and balance the ongoing changes to regulatory landscape.
- Leadership skills with ability to influence senior leaders in the organization.
- Ability to work comfortably in cross-functional teams and drive common goals.
- Knowledge of Data Capability and Assessment Model for data management in financial institutions.
- Knowledge of Data Management and Governance.
This job description is illustrative of the types of duties typically performed by this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of each and every essential function of the job. Because job content may change from time to time, the Company reserves the right to add and/or delete essential functions from this job at any time.
Typical Starting Range:$131,700.00 - $272,700.00
Full Salary Range for position:California: $151,600.00 - $340,900.00Colorado: $131,700.00 - $286,400.00New York: $144,800.00 - $340,900.00Washington: $138,300.00 - $313,900.00
The actual base pay within this range may be dependent upon many factors, which may include, but are not limited to, work location, education, experience, and skills.
Bread Financial offers medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and other voluntary benefits (including basic and optional life insurance, supplemental medical plans, and short and long-term disability) to eligible associates (regular full-time associates scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more) and their spouses/domestic partners, and child(ren) under the age of 26. New associate elected coverage begins on date of hire (with the exception of disability coverage which has a 6-month waiting period). Six weeks of 100% paid parental leave for eligible parents is available after a 180-day waiting period. Hired associates can immediately enroll in Bread Financial’s 401(k) plan.
All associates receive 11 paid holidays. Associates have discretion in managing their time away from work through the Flexible Time Off (FTO) program and may need to notify and receive approval from their manager prior to taking the time off. Associates receive 80 hours of Paid Sick and Safety Time per calendar year at the beginning of each year and is prorated in the associate’s first year of employment.
Hired associates will be able to elect to purchase company stock during offering periods in June and December. You will be eligible for an annual incentive bonus based on individual and company performance.
Click here for more Benefits information.
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded Bread Cashback American Express® Credit Card and Bread Savings products.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Bread Financial is powered by its 7,500+ global associates and is committed to sustainable business practices.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
Job Family:Enterprise Risk