Director, Product Management B2B Merchant
Every career journey is personal. That's why we empower you with the tools and support to create your own success story.
Be challenged. Be heard. Be valued. Be you ... be here.
Job SummaryBread Financial is a technology-driven payments company that partners with merchants and partners to personalize payment options for their customers. Bread Financial integrates directly with merchants on their ecommerce site and gives them a single platform that lets them offer more ways to pay over time. Bread’s full-funnel recommendation engine serves up the right options at the right time, empowering merchants to sell more, improve conversion, and lift average-order-value.
Bread Financial has enormous and engaging product and technical opportunities. We need to integrate across merchant sales channels to deliver conversion maximizing consumer experiences. Our Product and Engineering teams are seasoned, talented, agile, and quickly growing.
The Director of Product Management will lead our Merchant Vertical. As a key member of the Product Leadership team, you will lead our Merchant Product Team to drive product strategy, execution, and iteration on our connectivity into the payments ecosystem. The Merchant team helps to build out and improve our B2B suite of solutions, with the goal of empowering our merchant and partner customers to understand, manage, and optimize their end-to-end experience with Bread Financial. You will collaborate closely with senior leaders in Design, Engineering, Partnerships, Success and Enablement to deliver high quality solutions that unlock step function growth for the company
We have an ambitious agenda set out for the next year, and product development is key to enabling our business, process, and customers to scale. We’re looking for individuals who are results-oriented problem solvers to build innovative products and features that will help us achieve our mission of transforming consumer finance.
Essential Job Functions:
- You will own and drive the strategic vision and roadmap for our Merchant team
- You will partner with leaders in Product and across Bread to develop a well-grounded strategy, driven by data, user and market research, and internal insights.
- Develop a deep understanding of our current and future merchant customers—their business needs, their day-to-day activities, and their workflows—to understand how to evolve existing features and explore new ideas that deliver customer value
- Individually and as a manager, you will partner closely with Design and Engineering to bring that vision and roadmap to life, driving measurable top and bottom line growth for Bread.
- Translate broad Merchant team objectives into a roadmap, tactical goals, priorities, and OKRs for your cross-functional product team
- You will coach and grow your team members into long-term company leaders. You will hire onto and and scale your team in line with the company strategy and needs.
- As a key member of the Product Leadership Team, you will own and drive improvement to internal and cross functional team processes and practices.
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements:
Required to work from the office at least 5 days each month even if hired into a work-at-home or hybrid role; in-office work requirement can be accomplished by working from a Bread Financial office, a client location if you are in a client-facing role, or other necessary business-related travel.
Ability to travel 25% of time if not located near Bread Financial office
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
8+ years of product leadership experience for a Payments company where you built technology-enabled lending products and experiences
- Deep familiarity with the payments ecosystem and emerging technologies and solutions in payments. Experience building and delivering on strategic partner-facing roadmaps
- Ability to blend strategic and tactical execution skills; drive high-level strategy as well as dive into the weeds and get hands-on when needed
- Effective communicator who cares about people and can build relationships and alignment both internally and externally
- Built, led and developed a high-performing team, scaling from 1 to 5+ team members; experience leading a remote/distributed team environment a plus
- Clear understanding and ability to explain the business opportunity and technical decisions behind your product portfolio
Typical Starting Range:$131,700.00 - $272,700.00
Full Salary Range for position:California:$151,600.00 - $340,900.00Colorado:$131,700.00 - $286,400.00New York:$144,800.00 - $340,900.00Washington:$138,300.00 - $313,900.00
The actual base pay within this range may be dependent upon many factors, which may include, but are not limited to, work location, education, experience, and skills.
Bread Financial offers medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and other voluntary benefits (including basic and optional life insurance, supplemental medical plans, and short and long-term disability) to eligible associates (regular full-time associates scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more) and their spouses/domestic partners, and child(ren) under the age of 26. New associate elected coverage begins on date of hire (with the exception of disability coverage which has a 6-month waiting period). Six weeks of 100% paid parental leave for eligible parents is available after a 180-day waiting period. Hired associates can immediately enroll in Bread Financial’s 401(k) plan.
All associates receive 11 paid holidays. Associates have discretion in managing their time away from work through the Flexible Time Off (FTO) program and may need to notify and receive approval from their manager prior to taking the time off. Associates receive 80 hours of Paid Sick and Safety Time per calendar year at the beginning of each year and is prorated in the associate’s first year of employment.
Hired associates will be able to elect to purchase company stock during offering periods in June and December. You will be eligible for an annual incentive bonus based on individual and company performance.
Click here for more Benefits information.
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded Bread Cashback American Express® Credit Card and Bread Savings products.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Bread Financial is powered by its 7,500+ global associates and is committed to sustainable business practices.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.