Hyperion Essbase Architect
Every career journey is personal. That's why we empower you with the tools and support to create your own success story.
Be challenged. Be heard. Be valued. Be you ... be here.
Job SummaryThe Hyperion Solution Architect is a hybrid role of financial systems and business expertise who designs, maintains, trains and develops end user solutions including Hyperion Planning and Essbase on-prem applications for our internal customers. This role is a part of our Financial Applications team, which is a “Business-Led IT” model that is embedded within the CFO organization for Bread Financial. This team serves as subject matter experts on finance technology, and is responsible for all finance-owned software applications including functional support, code development, user administration, and technical control and policy compliance. Importantly, the Financial Applications team plays a key role in the CFO organization’s pursuit of Operational Excellence by deploying technology and reporting solutions that help simplify, automate and improve finance and accounting processes.
The Hyperion Solution Architect will support the research, design, development, and testing of solutions to support the CFO organization. This role will perform production support of all Essbase and planning applications from data ingestions to end user support and serve as a key automation initiative. The Hyperion Solution Architect works with the Financial and Accounting teams to acquire internal and external datasets to support reporting, analysis, modeling, forecasting and bench-marking needs. This role will work as part of a cross-functional team to implement new clients, system enhancements, and documentation of internal and external systems and processes.
Essential Job Functions:
Business Process - Subject matter expert and problem solver for the design, execution and quality of the Essbase and planning applications to meet business reporting and analysis needs of the CFO organization. Focus on core business processes and how the Hyperion Essbase and planning applications support those processes and drive automation and quality in solutions. Communicate both to management and end-users, and in both technical or non-typical (layman) terms depending on the circumstance. Document and store all solutions in a centralized repository.
Process Development - Understand, and periodically review, the current Hyperion Essbase and planning solutions in place for the organization to ensure they meet the needs of the business. Meet with business partners and the Financial Transformation Office on a regular basis to understand reporting needs, or issues, and engage on new projects to design and implement solutions with automation in mind. Work with the Financial Applications Servicing team on integrations into the Essbase and planning applications and with the Financial Applications Data Strategy team to ensure consistency in financial reporting definitions being used within the Essbase and planning applications.
Project Management - Serve as the primary support contact for the Hyperion Essbase financial cubes and Hyperion Planning Applications. Drive projects to meet milestone dates, utilizing critical thinking skills to help analyze business problems and recommending solutions, and collaborating with stakeholders to resolve problems and gaining consensus on the best solution. Work with business partner and Financial Transformation Office team to document project requirements. Responsible to document and execute test plans with detailed test scripts, which include verifying accuracy of financial calculations per user specifications, and confirming expected results of changes to the financial systems including providing documentation of the test results for migration to production systems. Demonstrate ability to organize and prioritize work. Develop, deliver and update training content to support financial system end users. Keep a centralized document repository update with current training materials.
Leadership - Be the expert of the applications, but also communicate to end users and management in both a technical and non-technical manner depending on the audience. Think strategically in application solution designs, build comradery with business partners, drive results, and exhibit professional excellence. Drive process improvement, transformation, and automation. Influence and guide finance business partners, and provide guidance and support on strategic direction of the Hyperion Essbase and planning applications. Build and nurture relationships with Finance business partners.
*Current toolset includes Oracle Essbase, Hyperion Planning, SmartView Excel Add-in to query Essbase cubes, SQLServer, WinSQL, Dataiku, Sharepoint.
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements:
- Hybrid schedule. Opportunity to work from home most of time.
- Some travel may be required, typically traveling to the Dallas or Columbus area.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5+ years of experience in leading, developing and supporting Hyperion Essbase and/or planning applications.
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase and SQL.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology (IT), data analytics, management information systems (MIS), data governance, finance, accounting or general business.
- Experience developing and supporting Hyperion Essbase cubes in a Financial Services business.
- Experience supporting forecast and budget processes for a finance organization or implementing technology to support forecast and budget processes.
- Experience supporting account-level profitability for a credit card business.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent project management skills that lead to efficient and effective execution of project plans.
- Ability to work well under time constraints and changing priorities
- Operate successfully in a highly matrixed, rapidly evolving environment; can effectively prioritize shifting priorities and changing processes.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and deep understanding of both finance business team processes and understanding of upstream and downstream processes use of data.
- Able to quickly develop collaborative relationships and lead partners through change and positively confront issues and resolve conflict.
- Strong attention to detail. Must be flexible and willing to do both detail work as well as conceptual work.
- Design and implementation of BSO and ASO architecture in Oracle Essbase applications.
- Expertise in Essbase/Planning Calculation scripts, Reports scripts, MAXL scripts, smartlists and Load Rules
- Design and implementation of an On-premise Hyperion Planning application(s) including the Essbase model, Web forms, Business Rules, Application security, workflow and Data Integration.
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques in Planning Business Rules, and Oracle Essbase performance tuning for ASO and BSO On Prem applications.
- Banking/Financial Services/Credit card vertical experience.
- Delivering end user training.
- SmartView Excel Add-In
- Experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile project management including development of business requirements documentation (BRD) and technical specification documentation, unit/user acceptance and integration testing.
This job description is illustrative of the types of duties typically performed by this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of each and every essential function of the job. Because job content may change from time to time, the Company reserves the right to add and/or delete essential functions from this job at any time.
Typical Starting Range:$106,200.00 - $192,400.00
Full Salary Range for position:California: $122,000.00 - $240,600.00Colorado: $106,200.00 - $202,000.00New York: $116,800.00 - $240,600.00Washington: $111,400.00 - $221,100.00
The actual base pay within this range may be dependent upon many factors, which may include, but are not limited to, work location, education, experience, and skills.
Bread Financial offers medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and other voluntary benefits (including basic and optional life insurance, supplemental medical plans, and short and long-term disability) to eligible associates (regular full-time associates scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more) and their spouses/domestic partners, and child(ren) under the age of 26. New associate elected coverage begins on date of hire (with the exception of disability coverage which has a 6-month waiting period). Six weeks of 100% paid parental leave for eligible parents is available after a 180-day waiting period. Hired associates can immediately enroll in Bread Financial’s 401(k) plan.
All associates receive 11 paid holidays. Associates have discretion in managing their time away from work through the Flexible Time Off (FTO) program and may need to notify and receive approval from their manager prior to taking the time off. Associates receive 80 hours of Paid Sick and Safety Time per calendar year at the beginning of each year and is prorated in the associate’s first year of employment.
Hired associates will be able to elect to purchase company stock during offering periods in June and December. You will be eligible for an annual incentive bonus based on individual and company performance.
Click here for more Benefits information.
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded Bread Cashback American Express® Credit Card and Bread Savings products.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Bread Financial is powered by its 7,500+ global associates and is committed to sustainable business practices.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
Job Family:Finance & Accounting