Principal Software Engineer
Our goal at Bobsled is to transform the way data is shared across organizations, clouds, and data platforms. Our cross-cloud platform enables enterprises to share data quickly and securely through one unified control plane that manages all aspects of data sharing, including replication, updates, versioning, entitlements, telemetry, and more.
By solving these problems we will:
- Remove barriers to collaboration between organizations
- Facilitate and democratize the use of data to enable better decision making
We believe that by using data collaboratively, we can enable better solutions to the world’s hardest problems.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer with expertise in cloud-native development. You will play a foundational role in defining and designing our technical implementation, and your work will have an enormous impact on the way organizations use data across the world.
At Bobsled, you will work with stellar product managers and engage directly with early users to support and understand their needs. You’ll design and build our platform, develop features, contribute to product design reviews, and work on tools, systems and processes across the whole software development lifecycle.
As an early hire, you will also play a pivotal role in building our team and culture, fostering a collaborative environment, and assessing engineering candidates.
- Design technical implementation and build features as defined by the product team
- Write code (principally Typescript) to run in a variety of cloud environments and data warehouses. For more information on how we're using Typescript see this talk on Bobsled at Typescript London
- Contribute to product design reviews lead by product team
- Engage directly with early users to support them and understand their needs
- Develop tools, systems and processes that form our Software Development Life Cycle
- Contribute to our engineering & company cultures
- Onboard and train new engineering team members
- 10+ years in software development and 5+ years building on cloud-native platform (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, Snowflake, Databricks, Kubernetes)
- Experience building software using Typescript or a similar strongly-typed language such as C# or Java
- Experience working as part of a software engineering team
- Familiarity with the concept of Infrastructure as Code (such as Terraform and CDKTF)
- You'll need to be available for meetings from 16:00-18:00 UK/ 17:00-19:00 Central Europe/ 11:00-13:00 Eastern Time.
- We are only hiring in Europe, US East Coast, and (most of) South America
Beneficial experience or areas of interest
- Direct user interaction (e.g. user research / support / sales experience)
- Data Engineering / Data Ops / Data analytics / Data science
- AI / ML Engineering / Ops / Research
- Startup / High-growth teams
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Database / Systems Administration
- Dev Tools or Dev Ops
- Training / Mentoring
- Planning / Project Management
- Information Security / Cybersecurity
- Systems Design / Architecture
- Fully remote
- Bi-annual offsites in European city
- 1:1 professional coaching (encouraged but not required)
- Macbook Pro + 4K monitor (for work use)
- $1,000 home/office stipend
- $50/month stipend for personal development/education
Our interview is design to sled out Bobsled team get to know more about your skillset and for you to meet us and get excited about the team. After your recruiter call we will follow up with details about what to expect and how to prepare for these interviews.
- Step 1) Recruiter call
- Step 2) Hiring manager call
- Step 3) Technical Round (2-1 hour interviews)
- Step 4) Call with CTO/CEO
- Step 5) Decision