Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
About BobsledOur goal at Bobsled is to transform the way data is shared across organizations, clouds, and data platforms. Our cross-cloud platform enables enterprises to share data quickly and securely through one unified control plane that manages all aspects of data sharing, including replication, updates, versioning, entitlements, telemetry, and more. By Solving These Problems We Will
- Remove barriers to collaboration between organizations
- Facilitate and democratize the use of data to enable better decision making
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver and lead technical discussions to deliver on quality assurance responsibilities.
- Design and build a reliable quality assurance system using infrastructure as code (Terraform, CDKTF), cloud management tools, for running off the shelf and home grown tools to provide automated assurance of quality and protection against regressions.
- Drive quality across all teams, providing guidance, feedback, and suggestions to improve quality practices across the engineering organization.
- Work alongside the SRE team and use techniques such as logging and metrics as well as bespoke tools to ensure quality goals are met.
- Be instrumental in the design and implementation of Bobsled's quality assurance process adhering to modern best practices.
- Be aware of changes in quality assurance best practices and new technologies which Bobsled could adopt to drive product excellence.
- 5+ years experience as a senior SDET or similar role responsible for assuring quality.
- Preferred to work with Typescript, but experience in other modern languages will be considered.
- Expert knowledge of quality assurance principles and modern testing techniques at scale and tooling required to deliver on these.
- Experience with cloud management tools, such as AWS CLI or Google Cloud CLI.
- Experience with testing APIs and implementing API automated testing.
- Good knowledge of CI/CD principles.
- Good knowledge of cloud infrastructure and provider databases. Serverless knowledge is a big plus.
- Understanding of infrastructure as code concepts.
- US Salary Range: $160 - $200K
- Outside the US salaries are adjusted to account for differences in payroll taxes, cost of providing benefits, and FX costs
- We also offer competitive equity compensation
- Health Insurance (for US employees): Medical (100% paid), dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Generous PTO policy and paid parental leave
- Fully upgraded Apple MacBook and 4K monitor (for engineering team only)
- Home office stipend of $1,000
- Flexible work hours in fully-remote work environment
- Fully-sponsored individual coaching for all employees to help foster a culture of personal reflection and growth (optional though encouraged)