Director of Sales
Sales & Business Development
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
Blueboard is an employee recognition and incentives platform powered by hand-curated experiences. Our platform makes it easy for companies to give meaningful rewards, incentives, and gifts—from one-of-a-kind to once-in-a-lifetime experiences. From a luxurious spa day to a trip around the world to see the Northern Lights to a family adventure behind-the-scenes at a local aquarium, we make it simple for companies to give their top performers memorable, meaningful, and personalized experiences. With Blueboard, employees enjoy incredible experiential rewards, and our clients increase employee engagement and elevate their team cultures.
Born and raised in San Francisco, Blueboard launched in 2014 and now serves hundreds of clients across the world. Our global team is over 200 Blueboarders strong, and we are thrilled to be a Great Place to Work, as well as one of Fortune’s Top 100 Workplaces. We are venture-backed by Greycroft, Origin Ventures, Bullpen Capital and others, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, and Europe. Learn more at Blueboard.com.
We are building a team rich in diverse talents and experiences, and we welcome all applicants. If you’re not sure whether you’re qualified, but you’re passionate about Blueboard, we encourage you to apply!
This role will oversee a team of Account Executives in driving growth through new business acquisitions and strategic expansions. This role will manage pipeline, forecasting, coaching, and training with the goal of exceeding revenue goals. Experience working at a startup or a similar fast-paced environment is critical.
Our headquarters is in San Diego and this role is hybrid (3 days a week in office).
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Lead a team of experienced Account Executives
- Recruit, train, and develop new team members
- Ensure the new business team achieves planned targets through new logo acquisition and expansions
- Manage the team’s pipeline and provide regular updates on closed and forecasted deals
- Coach and drive deal strategy across the Account Executive team
- Partner with the leadership team to identify risks and areas of opportunity
- Collaborate, strategize, and execute with the marketing, product, revenue operations, and sales development teams to hit revenue targets
Your Skills and Qualifications Include:
- 2-5 years successfully managing a new business account executive team
- Demonstrated people management skills and problem resolution skills
- Proven ability to manage account executive teams in full-cycle roles
- Customer-focused and very proficient in communicating with individuals across a variety of levels in an organization.
- Demonstrated sales and negotiation skills, preferably in a services-driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of working across the organization with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills
- Naturally analytical
- An entrepreneurial spirit, resourceful, and thrive at owning your results.
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to be held accountable for results based on accretive metricsAcumen for thinking critically and strategically
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com.
- Bonus points if you have previously sold into HR or People teams.
Blueboard is building a team rich in diverse talents and experiences, and we welcome all applicants. If you’re not sure whether you’re qualified, but you’re passionate about Blueboard, we encourage you to apply.
As a member of the Blueboard team, you can expect:
A competitive salary based on experience
Health, dental, and vision paid up to 90% for employees, and 75% for dependents, as well as 401(k) plan
Monthly ClassPass credits to give you access to thousands of top-rated gyms, fitness studios, salons and spas.
A flexible vacation policy and 12 companywide holidays so that you can refresh, relax, and invest time in your interests
A minimum of 12 days of vacation each year to be eligible for a tenure reward
A robust recognition program includes year-of-service awards and ample opportunities for recognition and reward according to your contributions.
Interesting and fun team events to build meaningful relationships with your colleagues, as well as retreats and occasional work-from-abroad experiences
Receive up to $1k every year to further your career development with the right tools with our L&D Program.
A brilliant, inclusive, collaborative, hard-working team to partner with
An incredible opportunity to help build and share an exciting new product that excites and delights people around the world