Senior Software Engineer (Python)
Bend, OR, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Blueboard is an employee recognition and incentives platform powered by hand-curated experiences. Our platform makes it easy for companies to give meaningful rewards, incentives, and gifts—from one-of-a-kind to once-in-a-lifetime experiences. From a luxurious spa day to a trip around the world to see the Northern Lights to a family adventure behind-the-scenes at a local aquarium, we make it simple for companies to give their top performers memorable, meaningful, and personalized experiences. With Blueboard, employees enjoy incredible experiential rewards, and our clients increase employee engagement and elevate their team cultures.
Born and raised in San Francisco, Blueboard launched in 2014 and now serves hundreds of clients across the world. Our global team is over 200 Blueboarders strong, and we are thrilled to be a Great Place to Work, as well as one of Fortune’s Top 100 Workplaces. We are venture-backed by Greycroft, Origin Ventures, Bullpen Capital and others, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, and Europe. Learn more at Blueboard.com.
We are building a team rich in diverse talents and experiences, and we welcome all applicants. If you’re not sure whether you’re qualified, but you’re passionate about Blueboard, we encourage you to apply!
The ideal candidate will have experience working at a startup or a similar fast-paced environment. This role is primarily focused on experimental projects with low certainty and potentially high value as well as creating functional design concepts, testing existing designs, and overseeing the implementation of development projects. You may also be spearheading the redesign of existing products. The ideal candidate is excited to have the freedom to shape the direction and implementation of their projects rather than receiving pixel-perfect tickets to work on.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Write and test product or system development code
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies
- Build new API features and endpoints
- Build automated test suites and CI/CD pipelines
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency)
- Build highly scalable event-driven and real-time systems
- Instrument systems with metrics, tracing, and loggingRefactor applications to eliminate tech debt
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on hardware, network, or service operations and quality
Your Skills and Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5 years of experience with software development in Python with data structures/algorithms
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, and/or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture
- Expert-level experience working with frameworks like gevent or TornadoExpert-level experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Ability to identify and solve new system design challenges, develop effective designs and communicate its strengths, weaknesses, and tradeoffs clearly and succinctlyAbility to engage deeply on subjects of expertise
- Able to think many steps ahead to see where decisions will likely leadFast learner - Has shown they can ramp up on difficult topics very fast
- Can use these instincts to quickly point themselves in the right direction
- Has worked with machine learning models at scale