Design Operations Specialist
Blinkist connects people with powerful ideas from leading authors and experts to broaden perspectives, gain knowledge, and spark understanding in all areas of their life, both personal and professional.
Used by over 26 million people worldwide, Blinkist distills the key ideas from the most relevant, impactful books and podcasts. These can be read or listened to in 15-minute summaries, that we call Blinks. ✨
About The Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized Design Operations Specialist to join our design team. If you're passionate about streamlining design processes, fostering collaboration, and ensuring design consistency, this role offers an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in delivering the highest design quality to millions of learners.
As a Design Operations Specialist at Blinkist, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of our design teams. You will work closely with the product and brand design teams to ensure seamless operations, maintain a cohesive design system, and facilitate effective communication and collaboration. Your dedication to optimizing design processes and fostering a culture of continuous improvement will directly contribute to the success of our design initiatives.
What You Will Do
Design System Evolution: Lead the ongoing development, documentation, and maintenance of our design system, ensuring that it reflects the latest design principles, guidelines, and best practices. Collaborate hands-on with designers and developers to integrate new components, patterns, and assets.
Process Ownership: Own end-to-end design-related processes, from concept to delivery for Brand and Product Design. Collaborate with product teams and Brand Design to define workflows, establish timelines, and ensure adherence to design and development standards and manage freelancers. Continuously evaluate and refine processes to drive efficiency and quality. Establish a strong link with Research & Insights to ensure designers easily get access to insights.
Team Rituals: Plan, facilitate, and manage Design team meetings, including project kick-offs, brainstorming sessions, critiques, and retrospectives. Ensure that meetings are well-structured, productive, and outcomes-focused, driving actionable results and fostering a strong design culture.
Cross-Team Collaboration: Bridge the gap between the product design and brand design teams by facilitating cross-functional collaboration. Coordinate efforts to align design goals, share insights, and drive consistency across all design touch points.
Communication and Documentation: Maintain clear and transparent communication channels within and between design teams. Document decisions, design rationale, and best practices to create a centralized knowledge repository that fosters effective communication and knowledge sharing.
Continuous Improvement: Proactively identify opportunities to enhance design operations, streamline processes, and implement best practices. Champion a culture of continuous improvement by seeking feedback, iterating on processes, and staying updated on industry trends.
What You Need To Have
- Proven experience in design, design operations, design project management, or a similar role within a fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of design principles, design systems, and user-centered design methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across many teams.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, etc., You should feel comfortable hoppingto hop into Figma yourself to build, maintain or adjust components using Figma’s latest capabilities (components, auto-layout, variables, etc.)
- Experience with facilitating meetings, retrospectives, and other collaborative sessions.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Weekly yoga & fitness classes in the office & remote
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.