BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero-touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like Twitch, Oscar Health, and Cloud Factory now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years of experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event, and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations.
This role is based out of our new and exciting Mexico City Office. Mexico City is our first office outside of the US, and you’ll be one of the first employees there, helping us build the office from scratch and shape an amazing culture. We’re headquartered in New York City, with a large presence in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S. BetterCloud is backed, among others, by some of the best technology investors Vista Equity Partners, Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital, and Accel.
As a BetterCloud Cloud Data Administrator, you will manage and administer cloud based data systems.
- Google Cloud Platform support, especially data services like CloudSQL, BigTable, and BigQuery (AWS equivalents okay)
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and MySQL including Administration and Optimization.
- High degree of skill in SQL query analysis and optimization
- English is the business language of BetterCloud. Candidates are required to have a Toefl proficiency or equivalent.
- Willingness to work out of our Mexico City Office at least 3 days per week
- Experience with other datastores like ElasticSearch, HBase, Redis
- Experience with programming languages, tools and technologies like Python,Java, Kafka or other streaming solutions, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with devops and CI/CD tools like terraform, jenkins, git, grafana, etc. to manage data services in the cloud.
- Ability to travel to our offices in the United States
What You’ll Do
- You will be our first Cloud Data Administrator in Mexico City, and we’ll look your way for guidance along the way.
- Performs all aspects of data system administration in a cloud environment including, but not limited software evaluation, adoption, implementation and maintenance.
- Actively address data system and query optimization issues across our cloud environment.
- Engage in logical and physical database design, ensuring data accuracy and quality, ensuring we can support current and future business needs.
- Development of backup and recovery policies, standards, and procedures including real and tabletop disaster recovery exercises with support from our Cloud Engineering Team
- Works closely with the development and testing teams and supports new application deployment and sustained engineering of existing applications.
- Stay up to date with the current and evolving cloud platform technologies and trends to ensure our systems are operating at peak efficiency.
- Leverage infrastructure-as-code concepts to make database systems scalable, resilient and repeatable
- Setup and maintain monitoring and alerting to ensure efficient database performance.
- Work with the areas of architecture, security, application development and operations ensuring that current and future business goals are met.
- Develop and implement a database that addresses current and future business needs.
- Providing on-call support as a part of a team of other Cloud Engineers
In your first week, you will have…
- completed our 4-day universal onboarding program, BetterBeginnings
- met with your manager 1:1
- met your team
- gained access to the tools and resources necessary to be successful in your new role
In your first 30 days, you will have…
- completed your department’s functional onboarding program
- met and collaborated with your team
- identified projects and tasks that you’ll dive into moving forward
- [only if department specific] completed XYZ certification
In your first 60 days, you will have…
- Capable of supporting Incidents and engineering requests.
- Worked on jira tickets, incidents and/or engineering requests.
- Pick up the top two projects in list and complete their analysis and prepare a detailed implementation plan for project execution.
What We Offer
- Hybrid work model with up to 2 days per week working from home*
- Generous PTO policy plus paid mental health days
- Seguro de Gastos Médicos Mayores, Seguro de Asistencia Médica, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance and dedicated mental health resources
- Financial wellness support and one-time WFH stipend
- Plus more… Think events, killer swag, and a strong BetterCloud Community!
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
*Remote - This role is not eligible for remote employees. Employees must be based in the Mexico City area.