Automation Test Engineer
JOIN OUR MEZCAL MEET & GREET! August 31st, Público Reforma
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cdmx-hop-on-a-bettercloud-meet-greet-tickets-694967966897?aff=oddtdtcreator
Let's have a drink and maybe get an interview!
BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero-touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like Twitch, Oscar Health, and Cloud Factory now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years of experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event, and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations.
This role is based out of our new and exciting Mexico City Office. Mexico City is our first office outside of the US, and you’ll be one of the first employees there, helping us build the office from scratch and shape an amazing culture. We’re headquartered in New York City, with a large presence in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S. BetterCloud is backed, among others, by some of the best technology investors Vista Equity Partners, Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital, and Accel.
As a BetterCloud Software Development Engineer in Test, you are responsible for contributing to our Automated Testing frameworks and strategy. We are looking for someone who is motivated by solving engineering challenges and designing process improvements.
- Are experienced at working on teams owning mostly manual test suites
- Are excited about taking on the challenge to automate the manual testing effort
- Have a strong understanding of both front end and back end automation testing technology, tools, and frameworks (e.g. Postman, Rest Assured, Cucumber, etc.)
- Have some demonstrated proficiency in Java, object oriented and functional programming
- Have demonstrated knowledge of CI/CD and testing within a CI/CD environment
- Have experience working with and testing APIs
- Have experience working with version control systems (BitBucket, Git)
- Have experience contributing to a code base and conducting Peer Reviews
- English is the business language of BetterCloud. Candidates are required to have a Toefl proficiency or equivalent
- Ability to travel to our offices in the United States
- Willingness to work out of our Mexico City Office at least 3 days per week
What You’ll Do
- You will be our first SDET in Mexico City, and we’ll look your way for guidance along the way
- Analyze testing requirements and assist with developing the test architecture
- Perform thorough functional testing for new features
- Write API, UI, Regression, Acceptance, Performance, Load, or Integration tests and new test cases while maintaining and adding to existing automation
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g., developers and product managers) to identify new feature requirements
- Diagnose and report issues and defects based on test failures
- Work independently and communicate with the various teams involved with the release process and testing
- Assist with test metrics and reporting standards, analytics, dashboards, and reporting mechanisms
By the end of week 1, you will:
- Meet your onboarding buddy
- Understand how we are organized in Engineering
- Get familiar with the tools we use to test, deploy, and track our work
- Spend time meeting your colleagues in Mexico City
By the end of 30 days, you will:
- Learn how to build test cases/strategy
- Set up your test environment for the product(s) you will be supporting
- Join the Testing Guild
- Learn how to use our testing tools/framework
What We Offer
- Hybrid work model with up to 2 days per week working from home*
- Generous PTO policy plus paid mental health days
- Seguro de Gastos Médicos Mayores, Seguro de Asistencia Médica, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance and dedicated mental health resources**
- Vales de despensa
- Financial wellness support and one-time WFH stipend
- Plus more… Think events, killer swag, and a strong BetterCloud Community!
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
*Remote - This role is not eligible for remote employees. Employees must be based in the Mexico City area.
** These benefits will be available shortly after the company has 10+ employees in Mexico City due to insurance limitations and rates. Until that point, employees will be provided with a monthly allowance on top of their salary for these purposes.