BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero-touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like Twitch, Oscar Health, and Cloud Factory now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years of experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event, and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations.
This role is based out of our new and exciting Mexico City Office. Mexico City is our first office outside of the US, and you’ll be one of the first employees there, helping us build the office from scratch and shape an amazing culture. We’re headquartered in New York City, with a large presence in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S. BetterCloud is backed, among others, by some of the best technology investors Vista Equity Partners, Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital, and Accel.
As a BetterCloud Staff Engineer, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of building a new team that will transform how our application meets the high performance and scalable needs that our customers require. In turn, you will bring your expertise in design, architecture and collaboration
- Hands-on expert level coding experience in Java and Spring/Spring Boot
- Expert-level experience building highly scalable software solutions
- Proven senior-level experience implementing and optimizing highly performant and scalable APIs
- Demonstrated experience implementing monitoring and alerting solutions for past software projects
- Strong experience debugging high traffic messaging applications
- Familiarity with using POCs and demonstrable code to deliver fully functional incrementally over time
- Demonstrated experience with streaming platforms such as Kafka
- Proven experience with and pub/sub messaging system
- Experience in scalable environments (especially with Kubernetes)
- Practical experience with cloud technologies such as GCP or AWS
- Experience leading a team of engineers through medium to large scale solutions as a Staff or Lead Engineer
- Previous experience driving engineering best practices within your team and the organization
- Self-starter with an ability to manage multiple technical projects in parallel
- Experience in React, GraphQL and gRPC a bonus
- English is the business language of BetterCloud. Candidates are required to have a Toefl proficiency or equivalent.
- Ability to travel to our offices in the United States
- Willingness to work out of our Mexico City Office at least 3 days per week
What You’ll Do
- You will be our first Staff Engineer in Mexico City, and we’ll look your way for guidance along the way
- Partner with the Principal Software Engineer to develop scalable high-quality implementations
- Engage engineers to build the squad’s technical expertise over time
- Establish standards and best practices to apply to all teams working with APIs across the company
- Document all aspects of your implementation to ensure information is spread throughout the organization
- Be fun and driven to build an open and humble culture while also being honest and forthcoming about challenges and ideas that make us a stronger community
- Promote a blame-free culture by learning from and iterating on innovative solutions
By the end of week 1, you will:
- Meet with your onboarding buddy
- Set up meet-and-greets with stakeholders and your peers in other squads
- Learn how the engineering organization is structured
- Become familiar with how we plan, build and deploy work at BetterCloud
- Ensure you have access to all our software development tools
By the end of 30 days, you will:
- Become familiar with the code base for the product(s) you support
- Ensure your local build environment is set up and functional
- Identify technical mentoring opportunities for your team and a plan to provide that mentorship
- Become familiar with the roadmap and priorities for your team
- Design and begin implementation of your team’s top priority
What We Offer
- Hybrid work model with up to 2 days per week working from home*
- Generous PTO policy plus paid mental health days
- Seguro de Gastos Médicos Mayores, Seguro de Asistencia Médica, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance and dedicated mental health resources**
- Financial wellness support and one-time WFH stipend
- Plus more… Think events, killer swag, and a strong BetterCloud Community!
At Bettercloud, we believe that our employees' gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, religion, origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age and other characteristics enrich our corporate culture and our workplace. That’s why we have a mission to foster a culture at BetterCloud that empowers, celebrates, and values our differences allowing us to bring our true self to work. DEI&B is core to who we are and what we do. From an employee-led Diversity Council empowering our differences, to multiple Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) creating a strong sense of belonging, to frequent outside speakers focusing on DEI&B topics, our commitment to DEI&B is non negotiable. Bettercloud is an equal opportunity employer and will continue to empower, celebrate and value our differences in order to grow community, safety and trust in our work environment. Join us and be part of an organization that celebrates and respects diversity. If you are interested in knowing more about our DEIB efforts, please visit our website: https://www.bettercloud.com/diversity/
*Remote - This role is not eligible for remote employees. Employees must be based in the Mexico City area.
** These benefits will be available shortly after the company has 10+ employees in Mexico City due to insurance limitations and rates. Until that point, employees will be provided with a monthly allowance on top of their salary for these purposes.